Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

whats that mean in english damo, does it change the insurance. so if i strapp it down on the hooks in the van ill get away with it?? as its transported goods? do i have to tell them still?? /emoticons/wink.png

fuel might be bad tho, it will strain the battery i think, unless they have 2 batteries and a split relay which is what i need anyway to run a pump /emoticons/smile.png icant seriously see them running on just a plain diesel battery NO WAY lol
can double check with a mate if you want ant,they have to be on a split relay and a seperate battery for the chiller to work properly so you should be fine on that one-hey should have a voltage gauge and maybe a temp gauge for the back or chiller bit-that could be a good point you'd need a cage for the tank as no strapping points by the look of it.or become an ice cream man

whats that mean in english damo, does it change the insurance. so if i strapp it down on the hooks in the van ill get away with it?? as its transported goods? do i have to tell them still?? /emoticons/wink.png
When they say "Any modifications" You can so no.

If its bolted down or in a cage etc. Its a modification.

yeh, it saves me a lot of money kitting it out for water proofness and ideal in winter, i know winters over but this van is going to be my main transport for years till it dies haha. i think its a good idea tbh. how much do window cleaners spend on water proofing there vans in the back?? then they have to find ways of heating there vans up to stop water freezing up. i could flick a switch and in 20 mins driving to the job ill have a oven in the back. come get ya muffins :lol:

so your the muffin man!!!!-old song i think???.seriously worth a look at these vans/wouldn't have thought of this before you posted but it kinda makes a whole lotta sense-out side ports and controller in the cab and you may well be on a winner there

has a few dents and needs a trim on rear offside,but looks fine matey-could be worth a look does it have a service history with it being what it is it should have done fairly long/motorway work-he's a dealer so might do a bit on your sub

that was an example kev lol i aint going for that one. its nice, new shape etc but i need something a bit less new coz im bound to crash it lol i scraped my berlingo wen i had that. currently got my eyes on a merc vito but there arnt many pics but the blokes gunna take some tomora of the sides so i can see if theres rust on it. he said a little so that means covered.

not too sold on mercs as they are not what they used to be,had a sprinter-anything over twenty miles and the seats gave you greif-rusted like mad/injectors went/inter cooler went aswell-now a happy transit man-comfy seats,brilliant heater rusts the same as any other van cheap parts when you need them

When they say "Any modifications" You can so no.
If its bolted down or in a cage etc. Its a modification.
Do you use straps then Damo? It's just I thought previous posts on here had suggested that straps aren't really safe? Or would using a heavy duty strap be conceivable?(TBH I'd much prefer to use them as it would make my upcoming install far more straight forward!).

Do you use straps then Damo? It's just I thought previous posts on here had suggested that straps aren't really safe? Or would using a heavy duty strap be conceivable?(TBH I'd much prefer to use them as it would make my upcoming install far more straight forward!).
Straps god no lol. My tank is installed in a custom cage.

I went for a flat tank and heavy duty reinforced bulk head.

Between the tank and bulkhead no gap is present. As that way i have a cage and a bulk head to support the tank.

Probably makes no difference and god forbid i was in a crash it would still make a mess of me and the van.

Straps Can be just as good, depends on a few things tho.

You get numpties he use one strap.

Cheap straps from halfords.

Not strapped correctly.

Im not saying this is any good but these look ok......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350l-upright-Tank-Retaining-Frame-for-window-cleaning-/181035895782?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2a26948be6

Me personally SWC I would work out what tank you want, where to put it and THEN get a local welder to make you one. Easy Peasey

Also Flat's tend to be safer, but you deffo get more boat sloshing syndrome.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ill go for straps i think, i will use 4 tho to be safe. i think with what ever way you clamp ya tank in if you have a crash you got a lot of weight following through, least your sorted if you get a fire lol

/emoticons/sad.png :huh: :angry: thanks lol ok how bout the chiller is kept on it?? i asked a driver today about these and he told me he can change the temp inside his cab and it goes upto 6c and down as low as -12c. he told me there air tight so if you get locked in you gotta hope someone hears you shouting. maybe he was pulling my leg i dunno lol

Back