Water Useage

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SPCleaning, Mar 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Just thought this may be of use to someone.
    I have just received the six monthly water bill and it shows a useage of 65 cubic metres of water. This includes the water used by the household and the business (2 adults, 3 children).
    I am DI only and have a 400 ltr tank. I also top up the tank wherever I can on customer properties (with permission of course ;))

So that is 10.8 cubic metres a month on average and 2.7 cubic metres per week. The cost for six months is £360. That is £60 a month. So in short I am happy with this. Thats the household and providing water to my business.

The point I'm making is that if you are DI only and you purify on demand you can top up the tank on the move and cut down your costs.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

What is your tap tds
    I have 450 system and double a twin 25l di setup for when I'm in need for water in rush

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

My tds is 65 at the tap. Very soft water here.

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

You lucky git

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

My tds is 160 and I use twin di. Not sure how much water im using a rough estimate is £1 a house average but free from tap as I use my mothers lol. Im moving home soon so will have to work out the costs from my tap and whether to go ro or di etc depends on a few factors I suppose.

I really need to remember to record how many litres I get out of s fresh d.i change next time

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

£1 sounds expensive my tap 200 is average it at abt 25p per hiuse

7. adamangler

yeh thats a guess mate, prob not accurate ive used 2 full bags since starting in nov on about 200 cleans so thats about 70p a house, that includes about 50 first cleans plus ive washed cars with it and wasted loads practicing and spilling from barrells and leaks. 50p a house is probably more accurate in real terms or maybe less.

200 custies a month @ 50p is 100 quid overheads, id be happy with that without having to go r.o
    I ll just keep using my mothers to fill up if i end up on a meter as its only 10mins away

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#8 Smurf, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    160 ppm and you're on di only :eek:

Depends how much pure you use but Im betting you get through a bag of resin every week :rolleyes:
    That works out about 4 grand a year you will be spending on resin surely?:whistle:

9. adamangler

no mate, only been going since nov. i have 50 monthly custies, ive used 2 bags so far

my average house price is £12 so say 200 cleans ive done so far = 2400 - 140 quid of resin

but ive used shitloads more than i normally would wasted quite a lot

i have no choice at minute im in a flat but hopefully moving soon so will have to see how it all works out once i get a full round

its not ideal but im not worrying too much about money at this stage, i know im spending more on resin plus my custies are spread out, first cleans, buying gear as i go along, learning etc, its all part of starting out imo im just concentrating on picking up new custies the profit will follow in due course once i get sorted

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Mine's 045PPM :whistle:

Advertisement