Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterfed brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliott randall

I’m new to waterfed window cleaning. could anyone give me advice for what brushes I can use for domestic cleaning/ houses. Also for commercial work. Thanks

Gardiners have a brush guide to help. They give scores to each brush for different cleaning tasks, ie first cleans, sash, leaded, conny roofs, soffits, painted etc.
Here it is:
brush_guide_chart_july_2021.jpg

Until you actually use a brush for a week or two you'll not know which suits you best, someone here could be 6ft and built like a proverbial outhouse and use and much heavier brush than me who is 5ft and shrinking and not that well built, I tried almost every Gardiners brush over the years and at one point liked them all then they made an Xtreme sill brush with my dodgy shoulders and elbow this is undoubtedly the brush for me https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/xtreme-sill-26cm-brush-medium-soft.html with these you also do need about 5 packs of the brush bumpers as they take a bashing and need replacing to conserve the life of the brush.

We use only Xtreme poles and find the Xtreme brushes work best for us. We pretty much only use the 35cm Tapertec version with 2x 100 degree fans in outer holes for almost everything. We also use a cutdown 35cm Xtreme flocked sill brush for some older leaded work. (its no longer a sill brush as I've removed the two lower rows of bristles) I also sometimes use Gardiners Water Through Pad to help with first cleans to remove stubborn dirt from frames and sometimes the glass.

However, as has been said, brush choice is very much a personal thing and will likely also depend on what type of work you do

Im hot water user i use ultmate flocked and ultmate medium ive also got a extreme stiff had the extreme flocked but it wore out too fast supreme flocked for gutters also have a flocked x-line but its heavy brick but hard wearing i use that for walls had the supreme stiff but dident like ive got a ultmate stiff luv it but gardners stoped making them ? they were really hard wearing too my advice is flocked for leaded and wood mono for plastic but you can use what you want they all do the job ?

Back