Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCW for RO Filters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just to update on my purchase these don't last for 75,000 litres as stated the carbon filter should have seen me through for till May 23rd and have only lasted 9-10 weeks and processed approximately 37,000 litres of combined waste and pure, my production had been slowing down a bit I thought and after 8 hours my R/O hadn't even produced 200ltrs when I got back home last night so I checked the carbon filter and it was knackered, I have had to put another one in which is the same again. 
How do you identify it is knackered mate? Mine seem to last the full 75k and still look as good as new.

Just to update on my purchase these don't last for 75,000 litres as stated the carbon filter should have seen me through for till May 23rd and have only lasted 9-10 weeks and processed approximately 37,000 litres of combined waste and pure, my production had been slowing down a bit I thought and after 8 hours my R/O hadn't even produced 200ltrs when I got back home last night so I checked the carbon filter and it was knackered, I have had to put another one in which is the same again. 
Maybe it depends on your tap TDS or the level of chlorine in your water. I’ve got the 10” one and it’s lasted the stated 37500 litres. But my Tap TDS is only 120. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it depends on your tap TDS or the level of chlorine in your water. I’ve got the 10” one and it’s lasted the stated 37500 litres. But my Tap TDS is only 120. 

My tap tds is around 75ppm at its highest and has been under 60ppm so I wouldn't have thought chlorine content would be that high either. 

Got a shock today when checking my pre-filters, new water supply pipes works have been going on for quite some weeks, but I never expected to find what felt and looks like clay the sediment filter had only been changed around 4-5 weeks ago. 

20190709_165924.jpg

20190709_170002.jpg

@Gasket this is the post you want, I will hide your other post. 

Morning all,

sorry to ask this ive tried searching but have confused myself even more reading results

I believe it’s time to change the pre filters with my 650 ro

Reading what came up on here it suggests Grippa and DAqua. 

Is this still the case ? 

When I look on there , they have filters suggesting I no longer need 3 and one will suffice ??

sorry it’s a totally basic question for you guys but don’t want to buy wrong or tat. 

My TDS is 350 ish out of tap and have a good high pressure /flow

Many thanks

You need 2 pre-filters a sediment filter and carbon filter which is usually a combined carbon and sediment filter, but I always have the 2 pre-filters, personally I would only buy from Daqua for the carbon filters, I personally buy some decent sediment filters of Vyair via eBay. 

Just shopping for them now , but what’s the third filter I have as my Ro has three pre filters ?
Sorry, totally missed this completely the pre-filters in order are usually sediment-carbon-resin which is pretty much outdated now, you can simply empty the resin out of the last one and leave it as an empty chamber, my R/O just has two chambers/canisters sediment then carbon, if you have issues with sediment in your water you can place a second sediment filter in canister No3 as an extra pre-caution to help further protect the membranes. 

Got a shock today when checking my pre-filters, new water supply pipes works have been going on for quite some weeks, but I never expected to find what felt and looks like clay the sediment filter had only been changed around 4-5 weeks ago. 

View attachment 17026

View attachment 17027
Its strange, because I use the 10 inch fibredine carbon block and 10 inch sediment filter, and both seem near on spotless when i change them.My tap waters 530. The carbon blocks meant to be after 37000 i think, but i let it go way over 40000 and it looked the same as when it went in. Sediment filters meant to be 10 or 12000 I think, and left that to 15000 odd and it just had a mild beige discolouring, bit like a rich tea biscuit, but nothing like yours. Amazing all the ways our various water differs from region to region.

Its strange, because I use the 10 inch fibredine carbon block and 10 inch sediment filter, and both seem near on spotless when i change them.My tap waters 530. The carbon blocks meant to be after 37000 i think, but i let it go way over 40000 and it looked the same as when it went in. Sediment filters meant to be 10 or 12000 I think, and left that to 15000 odd and it just had a mild beige discolouring, bit like a rich tea biscuit, but nothing like yours. Amazing all the ways our various water differs from region to region.
Dear me that’s bad , and that would have been going into your house and you would be drinking it !!!!!!> I think I would get in to the water board asking fir a reduction in my bill if I were you . 

Dear me that’s bad , and that would have been going into your house and you would be drinking it !!!!!!> I think I would get in to the water board asking fir a reduction in my bill if I were you . 
I think its just about on their limit. Thinking about it, i do know of quite a few who've had gallstones removed, my mum included. like little stones of limescale. They fall out the kettle sometimes. A lot only drink bottled.

This was during main water pipe replacement works last year so there was a lot ? coming through, the thing is at anytime you don't know what ? is coming through so always best to keep a check on them on a regular basis.

Latest Posts

Back