Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCW for RO Filters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No mate, unless they sell one I ain't seen on the site.

View attachment 15486

If you look a little further down the list Doug sells the 10" Chlorplus rated at 1 micron. If your water is really good (clear) then this filter is a long life one. He doesn't do it in 20". I bought one once and it didn't last for long as it got clogged up with sediment despite having a 5 micron sediment filter before it. Our water is laden with sediment.

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

Its not the same filter Steve. His 10" one is a Chlorplus rated at 1 micron with a service life of 189,000 liters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dougs Carbon filter is cr4p in comparison though, I much prefer ordering from Daqua but once @spruce pointed out the lifespan of those filters it put me right off ?‍♂️
Cheek and you wanted your money back ?

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

I ‘think’ grippas and daquas fiberdyne 10” pre filters are both around the 38,500L mark? 

I’ll have to check 

The CFB-PLUS 10 is rated 5 micron with 38,500 litres capacity but we advise putting a 5 micron sediment before this filter.

There is a CFBC-10 with higher capacity but this is rated at 0.5 micron.

Depending on water temp the 0.5 micron will slow your system down if the water temp is low and water molecules are denser.

At least we are honest in saying what the specification is where as I know 100% fact there are plenty out there that falsify their information to get sales.

You get better carbon grade so you have to pay that extra but some people just look at the price and not specification.

6000 litres is what it will take out if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 
Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.

Sorry Doug.... I would order pretty much anything else from you. My RO has been great and I recommend you to anyone who needs one. Wish I had ordered my sediment filters from you now too.

Is there a reason you don't stock the Fibredyne filters? I would much prefer to order them all through you than Grippa.
Yes we do it's the CFB-PLUS10

https://www.daqua.co.uk/rofilters.htm

We also have 20" ones but not on the website yet

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 
Almost exactly what happened to me.

I too enquired about this. Promised an e.mail with the applicable information, nothing 

Almost exactly what happened to me.

I too enquired about this. Promised an e.mail with the applicable information, nothing 
I got them delivered this week and just changed my carbon filter last night and noticed straight away that for some reason there were no labels on them, still bewildered how they can get confused with 5 microns for 5 inches, I ordered a door card for my van as well and had to ring them after delivery and I wasn't overly impressed with the guy on the phone, I don't think I will buy anything else of them in the future. 

I phoned Citroen Technical in Coventry about 18 months ago. I had a reg of a van I was interested in buying and wanted to know if the body was galvanised dipped in production in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy. The response was that this model didn't have a galvanised dipstick. I'm just looking at the 5" sediment filters and wonder if the same thing happened.

I phoned Citroen Technical in Coventry about 18 months ago. I had a reg of a van I was interested in buying and wanted to know if the body was galvanised dipped in production in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy. The response was that this model didn't have a galvanised dipstick. I'm just looking at the 5" sediment filters and wonder if the same thing happened.
I know 5" sediment filters exist but in the case of @GrippaTANK their stock isn't extensive and I still can't work out why they recommend certain sediment filters but don't stock any at all ? , I had a hunt around this morning and hey presto Pentair Fibredyne™ CFBC Carbon Cartridge which details the full spec @steve garwood not sure if you wanted to know this also 

if your water has constant Chlorine, sometimes it will not have Chlorine and other days it will. 

Is there a study you have found to collaborate this @doug atkinson?

Our water supplier will say that our drinking water is safe to drink as it is treated with chlorine and that chlorine will always be present in the water we drink for it to be safe. In other words, they have a 'politically correct script' that they read from that may or may not reflect the actual situation.

I know 5" sediment filters exist but in the case of @GrippaTANK their stock isn't extensive and I still can't work out why they recommend certain sediment filters but don't stock any at all ? , I had a hunt around this morning and hey presto Pentair Fibredyne™ CFBC Carbon Cartridge which details the full spec @steve garwood not sure if you wanted to know this also 
Hi, did you order from Pentair? 

Just wondered how you got on.

2 questions if you don’t mind,

1. How much did you pay for the 10” fiberdyne filter and was there a deal if you spent a certain amount the p&p is free?

2. Heard somewhere that the high performance pre filters (75,000L) ones, slow down production due to the microns being smaller.

Any truth in this as far as you know?

Thanks in advance ?

Hi, did you order from Pentair? 

Just wondered how you got on.

2 questions if you don’t mind,

1. How much did you pay for the 10” fiberdyne filter and was there a deal if you spent a certain amount the p&p is free?

2. Heard somewhere that the high performance pre filters (75,000L) ones, slow down production due to the microns being smaller.

Any truth in this as far as you know?

Thanks in advance ?

Steve I ordered mine from Grippa and they were £19.00 without the vat which was about 2 weeks ago Gaps water also sell them but they are more expensive http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/Pentair--pentek--CFBC-Chlorine-and-Cyst-Reduction-Filter--0.5-Micron-CFBC.html#SID=550 their is some extra info regarding the microns which says it flows like a 10 micron over my head, to be honest about the microns but I haven't noticed a drop in production or flow of pure into my tank, hope this helps @Alex Gardiner I wonder if you could possibly enlighten us regarding what sediment filter it's best paired with as these were previously sold by yourself. 

Steve I ordered mine from Grippa and they were £19.00 without the vat which was about 2 weeks ago Gaps water also sell them but they are more expensive http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/Pentair--pentek--CFBC-Chlorine-and-Cyst-Reduction-Filter--0.5-Micron-CFBC.html#SID=550 their is some extra info regarding the microns which says it flows like a 10 micron over my head, to be honest about the microns but I haven't noticed a drop in production or flow of pure into my tank, hope this helps @Alex Gardiner I wonder if you could possibly enlighten us regarding what sediment filter it's best paired with as these were previously sold by yourself. 

The 10" Fibredyne Filters can be ordered from either:

Grippatank - at £17.42 +VAT each - https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfb-plus-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10

or Gapswater at £15 +VAT each - http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/Pentair--pentek--CFB-Plus-Carbon-Filter-CFBPLUS.html#SID=550

Then  if you need a sediment pre-filter before this you could use either of the following 5 micron Sediment filters:

First item on this page - 2 for £13.33 +VAT - https://daqua.co.uk/sedimentfilter.htm

or Gapswater - £1.60 +VAT each - http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/SPECTRUM-Economic-Spun-Bonded-TruDepth-Filter--ESP_5.html#SID=844

Of course there are many other suppliers of these items available ?

So, From what I can gather, fibredyne are the best filters and replace the 3 filter system ( which I've always used) but some of you recommend a sediment filter before the fybredyne depending on water quality.

I understand that.

But considering how many " experts" there are on this forum (and I mean that, I've had so much great advice from you.)

Can't we agree which fibredyne and which sediment filter are the best and where to get them from. It would be nice to buy from one site and potentially save on postage.

I appreciate doug and alex have their own businesses but it would make it easier for half wits like me!!!!

Latest Posts

Back