Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCW for RO Filters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WCW very kindly sent filters, delivered this morning. Sent me 6 x 10'' filters instead of the 6 20'' filters I ordered. In fairness I called them and they are arranging collection and delivery of the correct ones for Monday and only took a few seconds to sort out, not ideal though!
Any chance of a pic of that counter, digital, thingy you have please. Might invest ?‍?

Cheers. Where abouts did you connect yours? Can’t quite work it out from the pictures .

Sorry to be a pain ?.

Also, noticed you use JG connectors, did you have to adapt the metre fittings to fit it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite often get filters and resin from wcw as they’re super quick on delivery. Not a million miles from us. Had no trouble thus far.

Cheers. Where abouts did you connect yours? Can’t quite work it out from the pictures .

Sorry to be a pain ?.

Also, noticed you use JG connectors, did you have to adapt the metre fittings to fit it?

The unit can be fitted anywhere on the inlet side of the r/o. The most usual place would be on the pipe before the prefilters. I believe that that counter can be fitted in a pipe that is either vertical or horizontal. I have an all in one unit which can only be fitted horizontally. Mine is similar to the Digiflow 6700M shown on the Vyair website, but has the additional feature of being able to count down to zero from a preset start. I have mine plugged into the exit of the carbon block filter but before the r/o inlet of my 4040 housing.

For this meter to work your r/o needs to consume more than 1.5lpm of water.

Vyair do a similar range and they do lower flow meters for smaller r/o's

https://www.vyair.com/fittings-and-spares/test-equipment/digital-flow-meters.html

As far as the John Guest fittings are concerned, @P4dstar's unit has bsp threads.  @P4dstar will need to tell us where he got those JG fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The unit can be fitted anywhere on the inlet side of the r/o. The most usual place would be on the pipe before the prefilters. I believe that that counter can be fitted in a pipe that is either vertical or horizontal. I have an all in one unit which can only be fitted horizontally. Mine is similar to the Digiflow 6700M shown on the Vyair website, but has the additional feature of being able to count down to zero from a preset start. I have mine plugged into the exit of the carbon block filter but before the r/o inlet of my 4040 housing.

For this meter to work your r/o needs to consume more than 1.5lpm of water.

Vyair do a similar range and they do lower flow meters for smaller r/o's

https://www.vyair.com/fittings-and-spares/test-equipment/digital-flow-meters.html

As far as the John Guest fittings are concerned, @P4dstar's unit has bsp threads.  @P4dstar will need to tell us where he got those JG fittings.
Thank you ??

Sorry to be a pain ?.

The meter I bought had 1/2'' BSP so I added the 1/2'' BSP to 1/2'' push fit adapters you can see in the pic. Gardiners have since stopped selling these. They recommended I buy the 3/8'' BSP ones and a reducer. All of these thread sizes, metric & imperial etc confuse the hell out of me and i've never managed to find the same sort of thing elsewhere but I won't need any until I add a second pump to the van.

I have a Hozelock size connection with a 1/2'' push fit on the other side, goes into the shut off valve first, then the flow meter then a singular TDS meter so I can see the tap TDS and finally into the pre-filters and RO.

Coming out the RO I have the usual waste pipe, just some cheap hose. For the pure I have gone with John guest again, and installed a splitter so I can dump the first bit of water that comes out and beat the TDS creep.Got a dual TDS Meter too so I can measure in and out of the DI. 

IMG_9377.JPG

Oh yeah and since that pic i've gone double DI.... Maximum savings and all that.

The meter I bought had 1/2'' BSP so I added the 1/2'' BSP to 1/2'' push fit adapters you can see in the pic. Gardiners have since stopped selling these. They recommended I buy the 3/8'' BSP ones and a reducer. All of these thread sizes, metric & imperial etc confuse the hell out of me and i've never managed to find the same sort of thing elsewhere but I won't need any until I add a second pump to the van.

I have a Hozelock size connection with a 1/2'' push fit on the other side, goes into the shut off valve first, then the flow meter then a singular TDS meter so I can see the tap TDS and finally into the pre-filters and RO.

Coming out the RO I have the usual waste pipe, just some cheap hose. For the pure I have gone with John guest again, and installed a splitter so I can dump the first bit of water that comes out and beat the TDS creep.Got a dual TDS Meter too so I can measure in and out of the DI. 

View attachment 15441

Oh yeah and since that pic i've gone double DI.... Maximum savings and all that.

That's why I asked the question regarding JG fittings. Gardiners do the 3/4" tap connector to 1/2" push fit hose adaptor but not 1/2" to 1/2". You could easily add a hozelock 3/4" tap to 1/2" reducer. They come standard as part of a hozelock tap connector.

The white bit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hozelock-Threaded-Outdoor-Tap-Hose-End-Connector-2175-3-4-and-1-2/173160954823?hash=item2851327bc7:m:mCL1q4VXQf3lKgz7bsACp9g:rk:99:pf:0

or a reducer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Bush-BSP-Thread-Male-Female-Reducer-Connector-Adaptor-Tap-Radiator-Pipe/222343799019?hash=item33c4b920eb:m:m2rEDGe2Ns-8lF3s8ofSwDg:rk:4:pf:0

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's why I asked the question regarding JG fittings. Gardiners do the 3/4" tap connector to 1/2" push fit hose adaptor but not 1/2" to 1/2". You could easily add a hozelock 3/4" tap to 1/2" reducer. They come standard as part of a hozelock tap connector.

The white bit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hozelock-Threaded-Outdoor-Tap-Hose-End-Connector-2175-3-4-and-1-2/173160954823?hash=item2851327bc7:m:mCL1q4VXQf3lKgz7bsACp9g:rk:99:pf:0

or a reducer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Bush-BSP-Thread-Male-Female-Reducer-Connector-Adaptor-Tap-Radiator-Pipe/222343799019?hash=item33c4b920eb:m:m2rEDGe2Ns-8lF3s8ofSwDg:rk:4:pf:0
I understand more about this kind of stuff now but for a complete newbie who doesn't understand the difference between imperial and metric it is daunting. Ideally I just want to be able to buy the correct connection and fit it, not have to put reducers in the mix.

My neighbour is a store manager for City Plumbing, he took a list of the fittings I have and said he could order them in and would check, next day he says he can't just order them but he would check the with the rep from JG. The rep from JG still hasn't got an answer 3 months later. If you search for 1/2'' John Guest on Google you get a whole load of 1/2'' BSP to 15mm (or similar) type connections.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I understand more about this kind of stuff now but for a complete newbie who doesn't understand the difference between imperial and metric it is daunting. Ideally I just want to be able to buy the correct connection and fit it, not have to put reducers in the mix.

My neighbour is a store manager for City Plumbing, he took a list of the fittings I have and said he could order them in and would check, next day he says he can't just order them but he would check the with the rep from JG. The rep from JG still hasn't got an answer 3 months later. If you search for 1/2'' John Guest on Google you get a whole load of 1/2'' BSP to 15mm (or similar) type connections.
As a foreigner I don't understand why Britain still runs two standards, imperial and metric. Gardiner sells imperial hose and JG fitting to suit. A plumbing store will sell metric for pipe work, 15mm and 22mm. We measure our weight in stones rather than kgs. We fuel the van in liters but drive in miles and record our speed in miles. It just don't make sense to me.

As a foreigner I don't understand why Britain still runs two standards, imperial and metric. Gardiner sells imperial hose and JG fitting to suit. A plumbing store will sell metric for pipe work, 15mm and 22mm. We measure our weight in stones rather than kgs. We fuel the van in liters but drive in miles and record our speed in miles. It just don't make sense to me.
That's the EU for you

Just had a little search and I think it would be possible to convert everything to metric, then everything could be replaced at the local plumbers merchants... Doesn't seem something worth doing at the moment but in general it would be handy I reckon.

Just had a little search and I think it would be possible to convert everything to metric, then everything could be replaced at the local plumbers merchants... Doesn't seem something worth doing at the moment but in general it would be handy I reckon.

The Americans are into their thing as well. What's a 7/64" drill bit? What's 22 gauge wire or steel plate? Or why the difference between US gallons and Imperial gallons?

Whats the difference between a mile and a nautical mile? If a nautical mile fits in with the degrees of latitude at the equator, then why don't they just standardize the nautical mile measurement for all distances on earth. 

My father sent a photo from Africa of a 1950's Bedford pickup he had purchased to tow a caravan to his relatives in Britain. On the back he wrote that he had made a steel canopy for this 'vanette' and that the vanette was 115cwt. Absolutely meaningless to me. The only reason I know what my height is in feet and inches is that it says so in my British passport. I know the length of my Gardiner pole because Alex says its a 22' pole and I believe him.

I struggled in my early years through primary school with Maths (math). In October 1964 Northern Rhodesia became independant from Britain and became Zambia. The best thing Kuanda did for me was to  scrap imperial measurements and go completely metric. (Kuanda did a lot of bad for the country as well). Within a few days Maths and money started to make sense to me. But the teachers were confused.?

In October 1964 Northern Rhodesia became independant from Britain and became Zambia.
I was under the impression that all of Rhodesia is now modern day Zimbabwe, named after the ruins?

As for miles I seem to remember from School that they had several different distances for a mile and Queen Elizabeth I decided to just use one, reportedly in an argument with an advisor as the different measurements made her angry... When you decide something 500 years ago, might be a good idea to look them over now and again!

I was under the impression that all of Rhodesia is now modern day Zimbabwe, named after the ruins?

As for miles I seem to remember from School that they had several different distances for a mile and Queen Elizabeth I decided to just use one, reportedly in an argument with an advisor as the different measurements made her angry... When you decide something 500 years ago, might be a good idea to look them over now and again!

I think it extends to the whole continent of Africa sadly although sometimes it could extend to every country in the world.

Latest Posts

Back