Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCW for RO Filters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Would love to organise a Saturday night p!ss up somewhere for members on here. Something possibly @Gavcould put a poll up to see if other members are up for. 
No thanks. You just know that as you’re getting going on the lash, some boring ba5tard will start talking about a univalve or new pole ?

I know you miss me Ginge, i'll try not to leave it so long next time ?
Point proven, you responded in two minutes ?????

WCW very kindly sent filters, delivered this morning. Sent me 6 x 10'' filters instead of the 6 20'' filters I ordered. In fairness I called them and they are arranging collection and delivery of the correct ones for Monday and only took a few seconds to sort out, not ideal though!
Replacement filters arrived today, delivery and collection... Sent me another 6 10'' filters ?

Once again very friendly and helpful about it but that doesn't change the fact that I will have to wait until Wednesday to get the filters and ideally my sediment filter needed changing 1000 litres ago!

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

nXvdVLfvSI2oBL4Cp5nmyw.jpg

lCT69VWOTK6R2GxAx0XGAA.jpg

jBhcjAv9RHuDHP5g+6T2WQ.jpg

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

View attachment 15481

View attachment 15482

View attachment 15483

IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!
Just seems wrong mate. If I ask for a dairy milk and the cashier gives me a Sainsburys own chocolate bar I wouldn't have it. After the comedy of errors this time I think i'll order elsewhere next time. Where do you get your sediment filters mate?

I spotted that when I ordered but I didn't think it was an issue as its still advertised as 5M Fiberdyne... Sure it will be the same as the ones I used to get from Gardiners, seems the same.

Not only have grippa put their prices up, their not bothering answering my e. mails about fiberdyne filters or returning calls.

Daqua here I come ?

Latest Posts

Back