web sites

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by simon, Aug 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

who has them & do they bring in much work?? i'm thinking about getting one but the more i read up the less i understand it all eg hosting , ceo's etc

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

Mine looks basic but I'm told in has the words that Google likes to move it up the rankings:

www.newleafwindowcleaning.co.uk

It seems to be working as its moved up to the 3rd page in (8 months) when searching for 'Brighton window cleaner' or something similar.

As long as the website is advertised on the van then this should bring in jobs especially within the areas that you already work as neighbours etc will see the van parked up. I have been quite surprised about how many of these jobs come through - would recommend an online enquiry form for just this purpose.

Another big bonus is an online payments function e.g Paypal.

Would recommend paying someone to get it done of your like myself and don't really understand how it all works.

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It will only bring in work if your near the top of the first page on Google, so my advice from expierence would be get a good website developer/designer to make one for you and ask him/her to work on the SEO which is what gets it ranking high on the first page,

If you do that, you'll never look back, my work exploded with top ranking website, but only when it hit top spot as that's where most people click...

4. TolishAPurd

Mine now brings me plenty of work but it took a little while to work its way up, don't expect it overnight. Most importantly for me it gives my customers an easy way to pay as it has a paypal tab.

http://www.armstrongwindowcleaning.co.uk/

5. Damo

Damo Guru

my website usually brings in 10 Jobs a week.

That's on all the services we offer.

Recently as much as 5-15 a day. Starting to quieten down now.

Dodger did mine. :)

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Yes I have one and yes it brings in work every day. To the degree that I have a message on my contact page stating that I have no room for new clients at the moment.

Whilst sat here drinking tea watching the rain, I have turned away three potential new clients.

My site is a build your own through yola. In my opinion, you don't need to spend a fortune on designers.

7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

SP cleaning turning down work

and theres me sat here desperate for more work worrying how im going to pay my bills this month whilst it pisses it down.

what a contrast lol

8. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

Did you have a canvasser come round after adamangler ?

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Yes here at minute, lets just say its hard going up here, lots of windys and cheap prices.

Getting a bit fed up with it lately thinking about jacking it but dont know what else to do:( cant go on forever struggling to pay bills though its driving me insane

10. Stick to it amigo. Where are you?

Advertisement