Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bit off topic I know' date=' but Im having my website built as we speak and I was wondering if I had a face picture of myself on there would you cleaners perhaps feel a bit more at ease handing over money ? [/quote']Your contract put me off to be honest. You need to go in to more detail and make sure everything has been covered. 1k Is a hell of a lot of money to hand over just like that. If you were not as far away I wouldnt be as cautious, Its about 500 miles from me along way to chase someone for money lol (no saying you would) If you only lived 50 miles from me I would have no problem to be honest. That way I could hunt you down a bit quicker lol.

Mate its not about ur photo n website,,,, its the 1k u want upfront, no 1z gna part with that kinda money mate come on u gotta sell yaself and offer us a very good deal mate but no1z gna giv u 1k like thaaa xxxx

A grand mate? I don't think so. Can you not adjust your cash flow with an overdraft so you soak up the cost until we pay the whole bill. It is a much more appealing pitch to us that way.

My contract is very in the cleaners favour, any issues can always be written in if necessary or sorted on the phone as has been done before.

Im also happy to provide photo i.d and my home address is on the agreement.

In regards to setting up an overdraft to supplement a window cleaners marketing campaign that is just insane in the last 2 years I have had 5 competitors come and go simply because they meet these lovely cleaners who have had credit and then they dont pay the balance.

I find that if the cleaner pays up front the jobs get done faster and to a better standard.

Generally there are 2 problems in people not taking me on the first one is,I dont trust them and they dont trust me. Difference is I will provide refs from 5 cleaners that are happy with my service, WHERE are your 5 refs from happy canvassers/canvassing firms.

Second reason is the window cleaner just cant afford it.

My prices are going up in the new year to £1200 up front see my facebook for more details.

Whizz-Bizz is flexible and listens to his cleaners and will always do our best to meet your criteria.

My contract is very in the cleaners favour, any issues can always be written in if necessary or sorted on the phone as has been done before.

In regards to setting up an overdraft to supplement a window cleaners marketing campaign that is just insane in the last 2 years I have had 5 competitors come and go simply because they meet these lovely cleaners who have had credit and then they dont pay the balance.

I find that if the cleaner pays up front the jobs get done faster and to a better standard.

Generally there are 2 problems in people not taking me on the first one is,I dont trust them and they dont trust me. Difference is I will provide refs from 5 cleaners that are happy with my service, WHERE are your 5 refs from happy canvassers/canvassing firms.

My prices are going up in the new year to £1200 up front see my facebook for more details.

Whizz-Bizz is flexible and listens to his cleaners and will always do our best to meet your criteria.
Think you put this in the wrong thread?.... but in reply to some of your points who said anything about an overdraft? if you are so amazing at canvassing and geting fully booked all the time etc etc etc then you wouldnt need and overdraft with all that money coming in??
What makes you think if the windy pays upfront the job will get done better ? I think the complete opposite!

References from 5 canvassing companies are you for real mate? are there even 5 companies going lol!!! I think your being very unrealistic here!

If the cleaner couldnt afford it im pretty sure they wouldnt get you out in the first place???

£1200 gets you what £500 of work should that not be £600 of work?

You dont seem very flexible to me or you wouldnt be demanding money upfront when quite frankly you might be utter cack at canvassing! I think canvassing companies should be paid when the jobs have all been looked at by the windy and the pricing/access and a whole load of other issues have been looked at in regard to the jobs you get

/emoticons/smile.png

My statement was in reference to what a few guys on page 11 of this thread was talking about,

Your right I dont need an over draft because I wouldnt ever put myself in a position of funding someone else business with my own money.

Surely if someones paid for something already they would look after it better dont you think ?

There are a few canvassing firms but if someone is happy with a canvasser they wouldnt be shopping around for another, and your right if a cleaner doesnt have the money he dont get me.

In an ideal world your right after all work is checked is the best way but because there are dishonest people out there I wouldnt do it that way.

And we do this because we are extremely good at this that is the only reason we do this door knocking.

My point is tho why do you need that money upfront surely a smaller deposit would be sufficent, I mean if you said to me listen pay £300 or something like that upfront and the balance on completion I would have you in a minute!

You cant seriously expect to get paid over a grand upfront for to be honest nothing?

As you keep saying tho your fully booked so you should have a tidy income coming in so i really cant see why you cant take a small deposit as security then complete work and get paid.

Its like the building trade builder gets all the materials in at his own cost then does the job then gets paid at the end of it correct ?

a £300 deposit would well cover fuel and hotel would it not ? then if the bugger didnt pay you you aint lost nothing ?

My statement was in reference to what a few guys on page 11 of this thread was talking about,
Your right I dont need an over draft because I wouldnt ever put myself in a position of funding someone else business with my own money.

Surely if someones paid for something already they would look after it better dont you think ?

There are a few canvassing firms but if someone is happy with a canvasser they wouldnt be shopping around for another, and your right if a cleaner doesnt have the money he dont get me.

In an ideal world your right after all work is checked is the best way but because there are dishonest people out there I wouldnt do it that way.

And we do this because we are extremely good at this that is the only reason we do this door knocking.
Interesting lines of thought. I understand there are dishonest people out there.
In reference to funding other people's businesses with your own money, you are not funding services. You are providing a service. All us window cleaners use our own money in paying for fuel, stamps, envelopes, wages for employees, cherry picker hire PRIOR to carrying out/being paid an agreed job for a customer. It is the nature of running a business. If I was did not go to a job because i was worried about every single customer paying me after the job was done, I would never leave my house. I have to trust the customers and they have to trust me. The strongest business relationships are founded on trust. How many customers do you think I would have if I wanted 3 months money upfront before I had cleaned any of their windows. I can provide all the references I like, but they still won't part with their money.

I understand your figures are higher than ours, but that is the risk of the nature of business you are in.

Interesting lines of thought. I understand there are dishonest people out there.
In reference to funding other people's businesses with your own money, you are not funding services. You are providing a service. All us window cleaners use our own money in paying for fuel, stamps, envelopes, wages for employees, cherry picker hire PRIOR to carrying out/being paid an agreed job for a customer. It is the nature of running a business. If I was did not go to a job because i was worried about every single customer paying me after the job was done, I would never leave my house. I have to trust the customers and they have to trust me. The strongest business relationships are founded on trust. How many customers do you think I would have if I wanted 3 months money upfront before I had cleaned any of their windows. I can provide all the references I like, but they still won't part with their money.

I understand your figures are higher than ours, but that is the risk of the nature of business you are in.
thank god someone knows what im on about lol /emoticons/smile.png

Ive been doing this a long time and up front works best for me, many companies when dealing with sole traders take an up front payment its not un common and I will never compromise on this.

Ive been doing this a long time and up front works best for me' date=' many companies when dealing with sole traders take an up front payment its not un common and I will never compromise on this. [/quote']You probably wont go very far then I would imagine.

Well I managed to get clients in Bristol, Cardiff, Peterbourough, South London, Wolverhampton to name a few Im guessing there pretty far

Well I managed to get clients in Bristol' date=' Cardiff, Peterbourough, South London, Wolverhampton to name a few Im guessing there pretty far [/quote']Lmao that says it all!
I said you probably wont go very far meaning you will probably end up like you say on the heap with the other canvassing companies. not how bloody far away your clients are from your gaff lol!

lol trial a £300 deposit and ibet you get half the forum onboard? keep with the grand then £1200 nonsense you'l come up stumped

Id be willing to trial a £300 deposit and rest on arrival, I did lose 2 deals last year not being willing to take a deposit and a few people have said to go that route. So yes I have been toying with it.

My fear is thou ( use you as an example ) I pay between £78-£150 on train travel and 4 nights at a hotel at £50 a night thats a minimum of £278 paid out and if you decide last minute you dont want that date or cant afford balance there is the small matter of the the 14 hour round trip.

At least if the full balance is paid we know the job is on and we can prepare properly.

''My prices are going up in the new year to £1200 up front see my facebook for more details.''
An extra 300 pound and you can buy a round for that here.

-Established

-More compact

-Local

And you get took round all the customers doors and they will do a hand over clean if necaserry.

I for one if was thinking of going down this route would not pay anyone a penny untill they came up with the goods myself mucker.

You can't be that broke that you need the full amount or even a deposit to cover your expenses surely. /emoticons/biggrin.png After all you bost about all the business you say you are pulling in :rolleyes:

Back