Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weird Gutter Guards - eve protection?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ched999uk

Had a look at some gutters today and they have some weird gutter guards or some sort of eves protection things in.
Anyone ever seen these before? They don't look like they have worked very well!
Anything special I need to be aware of when emptying them?
Cheers

Attachments

• FrontLeft-GutterGuards.png
    FrontLeft-GutterGuards.png
    573.4 KB · Views: 28
  • FrontRight.png
    FrontRight.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 28
Had a look at some gutters today and they have some weird gutter guards or some sort of eves protection things in.
Anyone ever seen these before? They don't look like they have worked very well!
Anything special I need to be aware of when emptying them?
Cheers
Is that just lead that’s been bent over and put into the gutter for some reason ? Never seen anything like that before

Iv seen this a few times. Its.where the builders couldn't be bothered to trim the membrane down. Makes clearing them out a nightmare. The flat attachment for your panther is your only option other than ladder work.

Is that just lead that’s been bent over and put into the gutter for some reason ? Never seen anything like that before
I think it's plastic - Looks like it could be some sort of eves protection that hasn't been fitted correctly and just placed in the gutters.

Iv seen this a few times. Its.where the builders couldn't be bothered to trim the membrane down. Makes clearing them out a nightmare. The flat attachment for your panther is your only option other than ladder work.
Must admit when I was looking at the images on my phone that's what I thought too. Looking closer at home on the laptop the first image just looks like a piece of 90 degree plastic that is placed in the gutters, it doesn't look like it's going under the slates at all.
Flat attachment it will be cheers.

Must admit when I was looking at the images on my phone that's what I thought too. Looking closer at home on the laptop the first image just looks like a piece of 90 degree plastic that is placed in the gutters, it doesn't look like it's going under the slates at all.
Flat attachment it will be cheers.
I don't think it's membrane, but if it is it will be a nightmare. Don't understand why there is only the odd section with it in, could be anything but I would inform the customer and let them know in writing, with the quote, that I wasn't liable to replace them if moved or any damage done afterwards

I don't think it's membrane, but if it is it will be a nightmare. Don't understand why there is only the odd section with it in, could be anything but I would inform the customer and let them know in writing, with the quote, that I wasn't liable to replace them if moved or any damage done afterwards
It's a really firm plastic sheeting of some sort, if it's not membrain not sure what it is but is a NIGHTMARE. Last job I did I ended up doing it by hand as it was only way to get under it.

Also only every had it on that style of roof tile

It's a really firm plastic sheeting of some sort, if it's not membrain not sure what it is but is a NIGHTMARE. Last job I did I ended up doing it by hand as it was only way to get under it.

Also only every had it on that style of roof tile
Think I would be walking away from the job , to busy to be mucking about with stuff like that ??

Seen it loads. I live in the countryside my house has it. To keep water out aswell as birds getting in to nest. May be put there if the pitch of the roof is a certain level so that water doesn't come back into the house on heavy rain

Seen it loads. I live in the countryside my house has it. To keep water out aswell as birds getting in to nest. May be put there if the pitch of the roof is a certain level so that water doesn't come back into the house on heavy rain
Looking at it I can see it would stop birds and rain blowing in but would fill up quickly with dirt miss etc and difficult to clean out , have emptied thousands of meters of gutters and never seen it before

Looks like a bodge job that plastic isn't serving any purpose at all eves trays are much bigger and are inserted under the slates nothing like in the photos 1696873994908.jpeg they go under the bottom row of slates above the guttering usually done on older roofs to help prevent water ingress under the bottom row of slates as old houses with slate usually don't have any felt

Cleaned a house gutters out a while back had this hard plastic grid in them moss had sat on it and disintegrated through the holes and it was full up underneath and on top . Told the owner it’s a waste of time having it as it will have to be removed to clean it properly. He agreed so sucked it out on top first then took it all out and emptied again and he threw it away .Why have it fitted in the first place useless he said some company had recommended he have it

Attachments

• IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 4
Cleaned a house gutters out a while back had this hard plastic grid in them moss had sat on it and disintegrated through the holes and it was full up underneath and on top . Told the owner it’s a waste of time having it as it will have to be removed to clean it properly. He agreed so sucked it out on top first then took it all out and emptied again and he threw it away .Why have it fitted in the first place useless he said some company had recommended he have it
Iv seen lots of these types of things from stuff like brushes that go the whole length and frills that stop stuff gowning down the down pipe.

As for the later I know they are useful if you have a soackaway as they can prevent issues, but 9 times out of 10 they block the gutters.

Seen some gutters with the brush in looks dreadful moss sitting on top and weeds also growing on top have removed it for some customers as they agreed it didn’t look good a right messy job bits fly everywhere have to where old clothes and goggles I stay away from them now plenty of normal gutter cleaning to be had

Latest Posts

Back