Wfp Guys Tradding

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by All Round Cleaning, Mar 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Do contemplatinghe wfp guys trad ?

The reason i ask is i have a customer say she doesnt like the wfp method and would prefer the trad method . Its 2 houses next to each other the mother and daughters so im wondering wether to dump them as i already dumped once but took them back on as it was £24 for an hrs work .

Im contemplating keeping them but unsure if its worth getting the ladders off for 2 houses ?

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Only you can decide if you think it's worth the money for the work.. £24 an hour is a pretty good rate though. Unless your round is already packed out and you don't need the money / can easily replace them with other work, I'd say keep them on?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If the windows are cleaned to a satisfactory standard to the customers liking when using wfp method then I can see no reason for you to change your method of cleaning other than that they just don't like their windows being left wet to dry naturally.

If that is the case then maybe you could offer a compromise and say ok just for you as you are special customers I will trad the bottoms for you at x amount extra

That way they have a choice to ether find someone else or you get paid extra for the hassle of doing a combo clean.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

I am left with one trad house (windows leak)

I gave away all my trad work to a new starter.

£24 an hr is good money. But for me I just don't want to ladder work anymore :)

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I do both on some houses.

But as others will say, I would ask what they don't 'like' about wfp??

If it's doing a good job (if not then fare enough to them), then what difference does it make to them? Can't they wait an hour for windows to dry?

I have some customers like that, but explain the system, the benefits, and tell them you don't want to risk your neck climbing a ladder for 24quid.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I like your thinking and bet that lad was over the moon to be given trad work for free too. Nice one Damo ;)

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Strong believer In karma :D

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

I'm the same as damo, dont want the ladder work. I do bottoms on couple of houses trad well it is selective windows as there where a couple of problems that I just couldn't remedy with the pole. One has leaded windows and in early mornings they could see a cloudy mark just above the lead and the other house has stained wood and would bleed just for a quiet life I trad these particular windows (6). go for the extra money to trad those windows or look to pass on if you don't want to do them.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Money is money. Plenty of people out there would tear ya sleeve off for £24 an hour. It's no it like it's a hard job this windy lark is it? Just try to get them over to your way of thinking every time you go. They'll come round in the end.........probably won't.

True story here. I have known a customer for over 20 years. She hates wfp and said to me last time that if she can find a windy who does it the old fashioned way she will give him the job and sack me! I shouted feck off you biatch at the top of my voice when I got back in my van. It's the crusties that can't hack wpf from my experience.

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

im rubbish at tradding seriously. BUT im going to learn because in summer im going to trad downstairs homes to save on water.

Advertisement