Wfp guys

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Posh, Feb 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Got me backpack and pole ready. Get me pure water next week. My question is how do you guys get hard bird or fly **** off the top windows and how do you even see it. I sSwear word!e it off but wondered what you lot do and how do you see it.

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I find it quite easy to spot most of the time. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky, depending on light and curtains etc, but if you have a good look, you should still manage to see whether or not there is bird **** on there. If i have a problem with a really stubborn bit, i will give it a good soak with the pure water and leave it for a few minutes, do the next window or something. Most of the time when i come back, it will come off ok, but now and again i've seen myself having to get creative, by using the end of the brush to sSwear word!e it, that is quite tricky though, as you are having to try and aim for a very small spot from 20-30' below!.

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

A bit of elbow grease with the brush usually works well mate but if its been on a while then I usually spray a single squirt of Tescos Daisy Kitchen cleaner on my brush and scrub the **** off with the brush with the pump off, then rinse with water. Works wonders mate. I go through a bottle of that a week (brilliant on mouldy frames) and its about 56p.
    Just be sure to rinse your brush off when you finish the job otherwise the bleach eats through the bristles over a prolonged period.

4. donrov

donrov Guest

I always thought this would be a problem and I would still have to go up the ladders to sSwear word!e it off.I thought wrong.I still haven't had to do this.If it doesn't brush straight off just leave it soaking for a minute or two and it will then brush off.I have a sSwear word!er now built into my brush just in case but it's just an ornament at the moment.Never had to use it.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Thanks lads. That's been bugging me. Bit clearer now.

6. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I used a ladder for the first time in 6 months today coz the customer was a bit slap dash with the purple paint on the outside walls and managed to get it all over the bedroom windows. Charged him an extra fiver for the privilege of using his own ladder. I don't even own a ladder anymore ;)

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Just look at each window from a few angles, sure u will spot it and it's supprising what pure water shows up. Also if you spot **** just wet it and cum back to it it will be soft Job Done ;)

8. James

James Guru

The WFP goes straight through bird mess etc, it's very good at this.

If you rinse it first, go onto another window and come back to it in about 30 seconds + you will be able to power through them.

James.

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I also have a gardiner brush with attachable sSwear word!er. U flip the brush upside down & use the plastic sSwear word!er. It is a bit awkward at heights, but better than nothing.

But as others said, soak it, leave it, and good old scrubbing power!

10. James

James Guru

which gardiner brush has the sSwear word!er attatchment out of interest windyman?

James.

Advertisement