Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP King - anyone used?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windows95

Seen he sells a backpack which looks exactly like the bigboy2. Can get that and a carbon pole for £400.

Only handful of reviews on his Facebook page, so wondering if anyone can vouch as to quality of kit/service?

Cheers

@Windows95 he comes up on the Facebook groups quite often. Haven't used his stuff but he seems a nice enough bloke. He had a backpack advertised which looked identical to the big boy but with his own sign on it. Quite a few different brushes too.

A couple of things to consider:
There are carbon poles and carbon poles. Even Gardiners CLX are carbon composite poles!! Does this guy sell spare sections should one fail or wear?
Big Boy backpacks have the handle on the side, which might not be ideal to carry - not that you should carry it on a job by job basis but it you use it for chemicals then you might need to move it from the front of the house to the rear. So a top mounted handle might be easier?

@Windows95 he comes up on the Facebook groups quite often. Haven't used his stuff but he seems a nice enough bloke. He had a backpack advertised which looked identical to the big boy but with his own sign on it. Quite a few different brushes too.
He does seem like a nice bloke, I quizzed him about his poles he said he would have to speak to the manufacturer almost 6 months later I'm still waiting for an answer as to whether the base section of his poles are insulated, I knew the answer the day I asked which is No they aren't when I checked his poles aren't, he offers a warranty on the poles providing they aren't misused that would be within his own definition

Why don't you just buy from a recognised wfp supplier @Windows95 ? Yes, they might be a little more expensive, but at least you are getting stuff from suppliers who know the industry. I don't know this supplier, but if he doesn't know the answer to @Iron Giant 's question, then it's time to give him a miss.

Our Gardiner backpack has lasted years. I purchased it in June 2016. The last SLX pole lasted me 9 years. Changed clamps on the pole once.

Last edited:
Come to think of it @Windows95 I use 3 main wfp suppliers. Gardiners, Daqua and Exceed Innovations. If they haven't got what I want in stock, then I wait for it to come into stock.

An SLX27 will cost you +- £325 and the Gardiner backpack £122. That's about £450 + Vat and delivery. The overall package from Gardiners will cost you around £150 more than this supplier. (You don't say if the £400 includes VAT or not.) To my way of thinking, the equipment from Gardiners is much superior and worth the extra cost, even if you are on a strict budget.

I don't know how much cheaper he is compared to buying Garbiners back pack and SLX. Let's say it's £100, for that £100 you get a proven product and a pole that will be lighter and stiffer than the other one.
For me it's a no brainer.
Exactly ^^^

If he went for an SLX22, then that would reduce the price gap even further. Again, as you say, it's a no-brainer, especially for those of us who have done wfp for many years.

Thanks for all the replies and advice, every. Appreciate it.

I'm gonna stick with Gardiner, was never wanting to do it on the cheap, just curious about the kit he sells.

As mentioned previously he does come across as a nice fella ?

@Windows95 he doesn't sell brushes similar to the ones I use, but if he did I would buy a brush from him to give it a try. His boar hair brush for example looked good and very reasonable priced. Must be a very difficult market to to try and get into.

Brushes arrived managed to get a few cleans out of them.

Really good quality brushes especially the full boars hair.

The jets which I only like the 1.4mm worked really well plenty of pressure coming out if them.

Would recommend but time will tell how long they last.

The jets which I only like the 1.4mm worked really well plenty of pressure coming out if them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_211527_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_211527_Messenger.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 18

What are they like when it comes to removing spider nests in window frame corners?

Does dirt get trapped in the bristles like it does with a flocked brush?

Thanks.

What are they like when it comes to removing spider nests in window frame corners?

Does dirt get trapped in the bristles like it does with a flocked brush?

Thanks.
First day with it nit seen any spider nests yet.

The dirt does get trapped but no more than a normal brush. I've bought this brush for more scrubbing power on the window frames that are going black its cutting straight through them. Down side is when your giving it full pressure quite tiring.

I bought the hybrid version too boar hair in centre dupoint outers and this is a fantastic brush good speed across the glass and the scrubbing power of the centre boar is good.

I have nothing to do with the guy only seen about him on here

Good weight to them good flow from the jets

I bought the hybrid version too boar hair in centre dupoint outers and this is a fantastic brush good speed across the glass and the scrubbing power of the centre boar is good.
Seems like it's very much like a Tucker brush which is an American brand I bought one about 6-7 years ago they were about £50+ I lasted 2-3 weeks with it, it was a fantastic brush but it was far too heavy to using as a daily brush

Latest Posts

Back