Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp kit that can be used with a car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craig

Hello lads

I've been trad for years and years but want to swap over to wfp just for tops only
I'm gonna be working out of my mondeo
What's the best kit to do this with for the time being?

Either a Gardiner’s back pack on a trolly , is the cheapest option or a pure freedom nano trolly or similar but they aren’t cheap . Get a pole again Gardiner’s are the best if you can afford it go for the carbon sLx or a cheaper alternative is the clx , get a few barrels , I ass you will be buying water from spotless ? If producing your own you will need a TDS meter to check your water to determine what filtration you will need don’t be tempted to buy a cheap TDS meter off eBay they are very inaccurate get one from a reputable supplier like dauqa

Gardiner back pack, slx pole and a folding trolley you will struggle with normal trolley for space in a mondeo unless it’s estate + the gardiner pack has pump & battery all in one unit, I’ve got a folding trolley that literally folds up flat pack not the beefiest thing but it’s good for 30kg and takes up no space

If you opt for a trolley instead of a backpack the following information may be of use to you.
Of the trolleys available I found the one that folds into the lowest space is the standard Pure Freedom trolley. This is important if using a car, especially if its a saloon model.
The PF Nano has a smaller footprint but sits taller than the standard model due to the telescopic handle as opposed to the folding handle of the standard model.
I have worked from a Nissan Primera saloon since 2007 using the standard PF trolley and six 25l barrels which all fit in the boot. The Nano won't fit in the boot of the Primera because it sits too tall. However, if you have an estate car the Nano should fit.

Of interest, many 25l barrels actually hold 28 litres when filled to the brim. So 6x '25l' barrels will likely give you 168 litres of water.

Il give you a big boy back back for free if you like. Only thing is it needs a new switch. There about a tenner I think. It's not even a year old and would save you spending money on a new one. You'd have to cover cost to send though

Thanks so much for the prompt replies lads,
Really appreciate it.

How much am I looking at to buy everything that I need to do it out the back of my car?

Il give you a big boy back back for free if you like. Only thing is it needs a new switch. There about a tenner I think. It's not even a year old and would save you spending money on a new one. You'd have to cover cost to send though

Hello Yogi,
Thanks so much mate,what a gent.

I'll message you in the next day or two

Thanks lads

I've looked it all up and seen some good prices. Have a great week
I can recommend 'The Handy Folding Sack Truck' Virtally bomb proof and you can pick one up for about £80. Will fit in a car no problem.

I'm 90% wfp and I work out of a car and have done for years. Starting with tops only is a great way to go (I did) but you'll soon find it will develop from there once you realise the time saving.

Thanks lads

I've looked it all up and seen some good prices. Have a great week
I see your location is London you are in a hard water area, if you aren't buying water from a Spotless place or local pure water supplier then you will have to spend over £1,000 on a decent R/O plus booster pump possibly

If you opt for a trolley instead of a backpack the following information may be of use to you.
Of the trolleys available I found the one that folds into the lowest space is the standard Pure Freedom trolley. This is important if using a car, especially if its a saloon model.
The PF Nano has a smaller footprint but sits taller than the standard model due to the telescopic handle as opposed to the folding handle of the standard model.
I have worked from a Nissan Primera saloon since 2007 using the standard PF trolley and six 25l barrels which all fit in the boot. The Nano won't fit in the boot of the Primera because it sits too tall. However, if you have an estate car the Nano should fit.

Of interest, many 25l barrels actually hold 28 litres when filled to the brim. So 6x '25l' barrels will likely give you 168 litres of water.
You can remove the handle on the nano which helps store it very small spaces

Hello lads

I've been trad for years and years but want to swap over to wfp just for tops only
I'm gonna be working out of my mondeo
What's the best kit to do this with for the time being?
If you can afford it go for the Pure Freedom trolley, it will last way longer than a back pack and looks way more professional than a backpack of your Nans shopping trolley. You’ll easily get around 8 x 25ltr barrels in a Mondeo. Have you checked if there is a pure water station near you, or are you planning to do your own? And get a decent lightweight pole (Gardiner SLX are ok). There’s a brush guide on the Gardiner website which is useful in helping you choose which brush best suits.

We're near Portsmouth working, drove down Sunday and the M25 was a car park at 4pm. Fortunately it was not our side
I used to drive round a quarter of it twice each day for a few years. It was a nightmare, it clogs up so easily. I always try and avoid it if possible. Been a good few years since I have driven round it - hopefully a few more before I need to :cool:

Back