Wfp Vans With Only 1 Pump For 2 Reels Etc

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rcproperty, Jan 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

just been thinking what do you guys do that only have one pump or use one pump for 2 reels if that pump breaks down say mid morning or near the start of the day??

do you lot just pack up and go home or just put wfp away and use ladders for the rest of it??

i have had one pump go on me during the day, but with the way i have set up i have 2 pumps plumbed in, so if one i can just switch to the other pump and carry on working.

before anyone says anythin, yes i know that the second pump could go down 2, but is less likley as its not used all the time.

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Not got started window cleaning yet but was fist thing that crossed my mind when I bought the set up so bought a streamline trolley set up to back up system so trolley now can replace the van pump in 5mins worth of hose switching like you say one failure could take out the system

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Have a brodex system and the spares are dearer than a streamline kit

4. harunh

harunh Legend

My dad said to me why dont u get another part of everything and store it away so ur always backed up ,, im gna get another pump soon and store it incase my pump fails on me

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

my shurflo 100psi pump wont pump my 2 100m 8mm hoses... but it pumped through 1, and a hozelock 30m reel? so have had 1 reel lying in shed never even used..

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

wasnt really thinking of the cold or freezing, was just thinking in general, it was a summers day when one of my pumps stoped wroking.

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Your on the ball today rc have edited should read right now

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

no shouldnt of edited it, others could learn from it to with the cold weather etc. could easlier happen in the cold weather too!

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

The 1 pump will only do so much work a lot of variables will effect the pump like the height of the pole after the hose but at least you know it's limitations

10. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

While on the subject of pumps spoke to a guy a while back about the could weather he adds anti freeze to his water don't think that will do the pump much good as some antifreeze will perish rubber seals over time

Advertisement