Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice steep angle but you might be worth checking your poles reach that as it does look quite a long way to the top ones.
Think my SLX-22 would reach them no problem. Can reach 3 storey townhouses and they don't look higher than a three storey townhouse. At worse I'd say I would need a hop up to ensure I didn't catch the pole on the gutter.

Sorry. Just wanted to resurrect this post in case of any updates advice.
I've got a customer I do the windows on every 6 weeks. Good customer, job decently priced.
He's asked if next time I go I can rinse over his solar panels. There's 17 I think I counted all on one stretch of roof (bungalow) and I can reach them easier than the velux on the same side.

In my inexperience they didn't look dirty apart from a bit of something on the bottom, not actually the upward part of the panel.

I've never done a solar panel before and it's not something I'm interested in pushing unless the access is a simple as this.

£5 a panel seems to be an excess. I could probably give them a scrub and rinse in less than 20 minutes.

Would love to get some thoughts on pricing and how straight forward it would be.
Ta

I've got a customer I do the windows on every 6 weeks. Good customer, job decently priced.
He's asked if next time I go I can rinse over his solar panels. There's 17 I think I counted all on one stretch of roof (bungalow) and I can reach them easier than the velux on the same side.

In my inexperience they didn't look dirty apart from a bit of something on the bottom, not actually the upward part of the panel.

I've never done a solar panel before and it's not something I'm interested in pushing unless the access is a simple as this.

£5 a panel seems to be an excess. I could probably give them a scrub and rinse in less than 20 minutes.

Would love to get some thoughts on pricing and how straight forward it would be.
Ta
Think you've answered your own question, if they're a good customer then charge them a price you're happy with. I'd say to them that I'd never done them before but know how to and think I can clean them for £x but if they're more awkward than I thought and can't get that mark off easily I'd charge extra

We have a minimum price of £100 for up to 16 panels if it’s just dirt and dust if covered in lichens etc it’s much dearer , if they are not to bad then it should take you around 40 muinits or so , but it’s harder work than windows you need a longer stiffer more expensive pole so I feel that’s reasonable, but obviously it’s up to you what you charge the customer.

Ta
If you think you can do it in 20mins work out what you would charge for window cleaning for 40mins and price it at that. If it takes you 20mins you are quids in. I would explain it's not something you normally do but as they are a good customer you will do it for £x.
Just remember that your pole will flex and so you need to work out how not to let the pole flex and hit the lower panels. It's not quite like a velux where the roof tiles are a few inches lower, IF there are multiple rows of panels when cleaning the top row you don't want the pole flexing down onto the lower rows!

Latest Posts

Back