Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s the best liquid to use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fairy platinum has too much of suds, went to Ecover - imho better glide, cleans really good and never had a problem.
IMG_7095.JPG

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Window Cleaning Forums

Got to say I’ve tryed just about every soap but I really like the facelift razerglide once you get mix right its spot on got bubbles but not to much and the slip is amazing got to give it a go I put about 60ml in 10 litres of water

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’ve tried a few of the advertised window cleaning soaps and found them to be overpriced gimmicks. Always revert back to good old green fairy. Got to be careful not to put too much in though or you will get lots of suds. Some of the cheaper ones are ok but don’t last as long and make your blade skip on turns.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve tried a few of the advertised window cleaning soaps and found them to be overpriced gimmicks. Always revert back to good old green fairy. Got to be careful not to put too much in though or you will get lots of suds. Some of the cheaper ones are ok but don’t last as long and make your blade skip on turns.

[SIZE=12pt]Totally agree, tried a bunch of different soaps and haven’t noticed a noticeable difference, only more expensive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I use Fairy Platinum only on really dirty windows, especially on horizontal ones and on a sunny days, lots of bubbles doesn’t dry out as quickly.[/SIZE]

352BF67F-C9DD-4071-A16E-B4E8671B08F5.jpeg

I was using Aldi Platinum but I find there is a lot of bubbles? But for 75p for 500ml means I put up with them. Bought all the expensive soap to try out but not much difference bar the marketing. If they told you dish soap was just as good then no one would buy their special formulated soap at a formulated price.

Dmitri - I've been using Fairy Platinum for ages as it's always given me the best results, but now I'm curious about Ecover. Whereabouts did you pick this up / is it worth giving it a go? 

Thanks!

Dmitri - I've been using Fairy Platinum for ages as it's always given me the best results, but now I'm curious about Ecover. Whereabouts did you pick this up / is it worth giving it a go? 

Thanks!
First, Ecover is not so sudsy, there is no reason to have so much suds in window cleaning. Even worst if squeegee rubber is worn out or poor technique, some chemical will be left on a surface which later will attract more dirt and will be visibly unpleasant.
Second, Ecover is plant-based, biodegradable, better smell and kind to my hands. If customer asks what kind of chemical i use, Ecover leaves no comments.
Fairy has bad reputation among local customers, some cheap jerks leave bad windows and next time customer may ask what chemical i use. So whether you show something else or put Fairy in other bottle.
I have always at least 3 different bottles: Ecover, Fairy platinum, Moerman detergent, last is for picky clients, on the bottle it is written “professional”. “Oh, so You must be a really professional!” :)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Window Cleaning Forums

I never wear bare hands, I always put on trutouch gloves even under working gloves. Not sure if it helps but I find them great to work with. Talc powder on hands and then the trutouch and they come off easy. £5 a box of 100 so I bin them when I'm finished.

Tesco lemon version of fairy platinum

A lot cheaper and spot on for slip

I use soap directly on applicator and fliq pad and only need a small blob to do a few windows

Anyone know what the ingredient is in soap that gives it more 'slip'?

I recently bought a bottle of Moerman pro stuff out of curiosity and it definitely seems to have a better glide to it than say fairy platinum 

Sometimes customers are impressed when you tell them you use regular washing up liquid, and then give them first class results with it. Proves how it’s all in the technique and the skill that you’ve developed over years of window Cleaning. I’m wfp mostly now but have been using good old fairy since 1992.

I don't wear gloves unless it's really cold,so I opt for the product that is predominantly plant based,and made from natural ingredients.
Let's not forget that this stuff is going in through our skin,unless we wear gloves all year.
And who wants to wear gloves in the height of summer?

i use pro glass soap these days i think there much beta than dish soap here is a list of the best ones i use 

squeegee off

HG

razer glide

syr

moerman squeegee deluxe 

ive found these the best on the market to date 

I don't wear gloves unless it's really cold,so I opt for the product that is predominantly plant based,and made from natural ingredients.
Let's not forget that this stuff is going in through our skin,unless we wear gloves all year.
And who wants to wear gloves in the height of summer?

I have to wear disposable gloves when using any liquid soap or skin splits open

Got a delivery of that Ecover, lemon liquid and the new chamomile liquid today. Tried out the chamomile & clementine stuff there and actually quite good, no streaks. Only £2 each for 950ml bottle. Left some stuff on my window to see how it dries off but early indications are good. :1f44d:

Hi which is the best liquid to use to clean windows we use washing up liquid.
I stopped using washing up liquid a few years ago and only use 'Squeegy Off', before that 'HG System'. I found that when using washing up liquids you get too much suds and that just gets in the way especially if you are using wagtails and Moermon Liquidators, which I do

Hard to beat that Ecover, seems to leave them sparkling. I did the insides of mine on Friday and the result was amazing. Only thing is my patio doors, looks like there is no glass in them.

Back