Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a belter!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah I know what you mean about squeegees being in the boab... I've just ordered a holster, I'm hoping will hold 3 squeegees? But will see when it arrives. If not, I'll have to make do with 2.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Which holster have you gone for?  I just bought this one.....https://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/cleaning-products/Holsters/SPC-Double-Nylon-Holster/116/16

I work very similar to you; dunk the sponge before a job in the bucket then work off a bottle of water and a separate bottle of soap for as long as possible.  I learnt to work like this from polz n bladz  & trad-man; made me so much quicker then the faffing around i use to do with buckets and detailing etc. It took me a long time though to get the right setup with the liquidators to eradicate lines but am good now and it's worth it.  The only thing that bugs me with moerman is their rubber is ridiculously priced (£2.20 +). There's a gap in the market for ettore or unger to make a rubber cut for the liquidator.  I jump between moerman rubber when feeling lazy and ettore and cut it myself but would find it useful if it was ready cut and sensibly priced - just one less thing to have to do!  I think I actually prefer the ettore rubber,  think with moerman you're just paying for the name, can't see how it costs them nearly £1 more to produce ready cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which holster have you gone for?  I just bought this one.....https://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/cleaning-products/Holsters/SPC-Double-Nylon-Holster/116/16
I work very similar to you; dunk the sponge before a job in the bucket then work off a bottle of water and a separate bottle of soap for as long as possible.  I learnt to work like this from polz n bladz  & trad-man; made me so much quicker then the faffing around i use to do with buckets and detailing etc. It took me a long time though to get the right setup with the liquidators to eradicate lines but am good now and it's worth it.  The only thing that bugs me with moerman is their rubber is ridiculously priced (£2.20 +). There's a gap in the market for ettore or unger to make a rubber cut for the liquidator.  I jump between moerman rubber when feeling lazy and ettore and cut it myself but would find it useful if it was ready cut and sensibly priced - just one less thing to have to do!  I think I actually prefer the ettore rubber,  think with moerman you're just paying for the name, can't see how it costs them nearly £1 more to produce ready cut.
Its a makita one, I can't seem to save it to my phone, and then upload it here.
It's a bit of a punt, as it may not work, so may need to look elsewhere or modify it. It's basically got 3 sections to put tools in.
I too have watched polznblades and trad man on YouTube. Which is why I transitioned over to moerman gear.
I do a lot of wooden framed windows, so use razr red as it doesn't get destroyed unlike the soft rubber. I cut all my rubber too, it's a faff, but I hate being ripped for something I can do myself.

Think I will try the bottle of water and soap method. Can't be bothered carrying a bucket of soapy water about with me and come the end I fling most of it away. Need a bottle holster for my moremann soap bottle I recently bought.

Think I will try the bottle of water and soap method. Can't be bothered carrying a bucket of soapy water about with me and come the end I fling most of it away. Need a bottle holster for my moremann soap bottle I recently bought.
The great thing about it, is you can get the solution just right, to stay on the glass.
I used to fill my boab up with solution years ago, but was way too watery, and not enough soap. The rubber would squeak and skip on the glass. But now all good.

The great thing about it, is you can get the solution just right, to stay on the glass.
I used to fill my boab up with solution years ago, but was way too watery, and not enough soap. The rubber would squeak and skip on the glass. But now all good.

I bought that Moerman soap in the bottle and it seems perfect for it. I can always have soapy water in a secure tub in my van if need be.

I don't use a boab or a normal bucket when I trad which isn't as often as it used to be

No need for a boab nowadays as all tops get done wfp whether tradding bottoms or not, so just bottoms with no detailing so no need to put applicator down

Liquidators in holster 

Spray bottle in pouch

Soap in pouch

Customers tap if I need to re wet applicator or wash it out

I could trad bottoms all week and still only use 1 microfibre and a couple of sill cloths that I rinse with customers tap and let dry while using the other one

No need for a boab nowadays as all tops get done wfp whether tradding bottoms or not, so just bottoms with no detailing so no need to put applicator down
On downstairs tradding I probably out of habit drop my applicator back into the boab when i'm wiping off the frames and could hold onto it so that's something i'll try to refine this week a bit and see if it speeds me up a little.  Out of curiosity Dave, do you not find, particularly on compartment type windows above other panes that when you close out the suds sit marginally above the bottom seal so need a wipe with a microfibre?

On downstairs tradding I probably out of habit drop my applicator back into the boab when i'm wiping off the frames and could hold onto it so that's something i'll try to refine this week a bit and see if it speeds me up a little.  Out of curiosity Dave, do you not find, particularly on compartment type windows above other panes that when you close out the suds sit marginally above the bottom seal so need a wipe with a microfibre?
Occasionally I will need to wipe the odd one

I use the applicator to wipe the sill and bottom frame also once I have bladed the window if it is not too dirty and use it to catch the water that would go everywhere like polzn bladz does

Would be lost without it in my hand

I bought that Moerman soap in the bottle and it seems perfect for it. I can always have soapy water in a secure tub in my van if need be.
I tried the moerman soap, and I didn't find it any better than ecover, or other soaps, maybe slightly more slip, but it wasn't that noticeable to be honest.
And its expensive for a 500ml bottle.
It smells nice tho. [emoji4]

I tried the moerman soap, and I didn't find it any better than ecover, or other soaps, maybe slightly more slip, but it wasn't that noticeable to be honest.
And its expensive for a 500ml bottle.
It smells nice tho.
emoji4.png

The bottle cap is good but as you say its a lot of money unless you wear it as aftershave. :1f602:

Back