Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are you paying your employees

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cool. So you do 3.5 days a week cleaning and work 6 hour days too. Are you still get loads of jobs each week?
Finished up on Monday and that was my month of window cleaning finished so I have 3 days of playtime. head over to my niece's house and she has a checklist. Fit 4 shelfs, fit 3 pieces of glass in a new internal door and fit a new internal door. Did two and heading over today when my alternator gave up the ghost. About turn and headed for my mate's garage and we arranged new alternator and I helped him bleed a van's brake pipes. This meant it took him 5mins rather than messing about with automatic equipment. Got a zoom call tomorrow for an hour and one on Friday with a big bank. They give me a ton a time so a nice little earner. Probably not do any work till Monday now due to the van bar have a massive clear out. Will have an oil filled rad in van all this week, might cost me a few bob but well worth it. Broken or no van then I can't earn money. ?

I think it depends on what you can make via that man per day, it's difficult now with cost of everything needs a lot of thinking through .

Did you know that barbers take 40-50 % of the other barbers that work in their shop takings per day .

For me I prefer to plod along on my own can't stand most people anyways :ROFLMAO:

How much do you think you need to be turning over before you can justify getting an employee ? I’m at the stage where I would like to get someone in to help, I have enough work for five days a week every week and always carrying houses over to following week I’m also subbing 1 or 2 gutter & patio jobs out a week but I’m worried I’d catch up on all the work and then not have enough to keep an employee working. Any advise welcome.

Finished up on Monday and that was my month of window cleaning finished so I have 3 days of playtime. head over to my niece's house and she has a checklist. Fit 4 shelfs, fit 3 pieces of glass in a new internal door and fit a new internal door. Did two and heading over today when my alternator gave up the ghost. About turn and headed for my mate's garage and we arranged new alternator and I helped him bleed a van's brake pipes. This meant it took him 5mins rather than messing about with automatic equipment. Got a zoom call tomorrow for an hour and one on Friday with a big bank. They give me a ton a time so a nice little earner. Probably not do any work till Monday now due to the van bar have a massive clear out. Will have an oil filled rad in van all this week, might cost me a few bob but well worth it. Broken or no van then I can't earn money. ?
What's the bank zoom calls all about? Paid Survey type thing or business?

What's the bank zoom calls all about? Paid Survey type thing or business?
I get £100 per zoom call. They ask me questions, this one is about closing accounts. Last time I did it I got £60 but it made a difference. It was regarding the name of a bank because they had a few names so we had a good debate and I won. The only thing, they choose the wrong name so I'm going to nudge them to change it again. I'm very good at human behaviour so they ask me a question and I tell them what the majority would go for. They must like me because I have two on this week. I was brought up at my father's hotel when I was 3 years old and I studied all the people who went their. I started to notice patterns in people's behaviour and what effect it had on their business life. ?

How much do you think you need to be turning over before you can justify getting an employee ? I’m at the stage where I would like to get someone in to help, I have enough work for five days a week every week and always carrying houses over to following week I’m also subbing 1 or 2 gutter & patio jobs out a week but I’m worried I’d catch up on all the work and then not have enough to keep an employee working. Any advise welcome.

Depends if the worker os going through the books or not.

Say £14 am hour for a 40 hour week. That's 29k a year plus over 2k employers ni, that takes you to over 31k a year. Then you'd be around 1k a year for there pension. So that takes you to over 32k a year.

Then if he goes on the sick for 4 months that means youl have to pay him ssp every week he's off. Regardless what the weather is like. So if its bad weather for 2 weeks when he's sick, you still have to pay him.

Then there's employers insurance, you will realisticly be over the vat threshold too so take 20% of your total value of work before you then think about the other numbers.

That’s a difficult one to answer , so many variables, and what some would be happy turning over per day others wouldn’t be ,but work wise I waited until I had 6-7 days work per week then had someone with me when we had finished all the window work for that week we did add on jobs and canvassed to finish the week off . Some might be happy only doing part time work to start off with it’s finding the right person that’s the hard bit . Once the employee is competent send them out on their own working whilst you go canvassing to get more work in and just keep building that’s how I did it . Don’t know if you advertise or have a website but this should also bring in more work as will a sign written van .

What has that got to do with anything?
Nobody cares what your life story is just answer the original question or contribute a bit

I can’t keep up with your multiple revenue streams. Changing fence panels one moment to advising one of the big banks on their name. My sister works at Citibank in Canary Wharf in the marketing team. She has never mentioned that they zoom call window cleaners to seek advice on their advertising/ marketing strategies.

My original comments are from a place of curiosity related to your post on this thread. My thoughts are of course your not going employ someone if your not even wanting to be a full time window cleaner. Each to their own etc…. Some window cleaners expand, some don’t. I don’t want the hassle, but wouldn’t tell someone who is wanting to my thoughts on the matter. Some people have what it takes. Others don’t or don’t want the hassle. That’s fine. But every time you say how busy you are window cleaning, I thought you meant maxed out literally. Not maxed out with what you’re willing to do, it makes no relevance to anyone on here or gives any advice to the person who posted this thread is searching for.

It bamboozles me how over the past few years you’re always getting new window cleaning jobs on a weekly basis, but only have 14 part days of work in total a month. Do you struggle to retain customers or are they all just miniature jobs?

I can’t keep up with your multiple revenue streams. Changing fence panels one moment to advising one of the big banks on their name. My sister works at Citibank in Canary Wharf in the marketing team. She has never mentioned that they zoom call window cleaners to seek advice on their advertising/ marketing strategies.

My original comments are from a place of curiosity related to your post on this thread. My thoughts are of course your not going employ someone if your not even wanting to be a full time window cleaner. Each to their own etc…. Some window cleaners expand, some don’t. I don’t want the hassle, but wouldn’t tell someone who is wanting to my thoughts on the matter. Some people have what it takes. Others don’t or don’t want the hassle. That’s fine. But every time you say how busy you are window cleaning, I thought you meant maxed out literally. Not maxed out with what you’re willing to do, it makes no relevance to anyone on here or gives any advice to the person who posted this thread is searching for.

It bamboozles me how over the past few years you’re always getting new window cleaning jobs on a weekly basis, but only have 14 part days of work in total a month. Do you struggle to retain customers or are they all just miniature jobs?
I've been told he claims to have 200 customers, takes him 14 days to do them, I.e. 14 a day. Some are at £7 or £8, yet claims to make £300 a day.
The sooner people stop replying to this clown the sooner he'll be gone

That’s a difficult one to answer , so many variables, and what some would be happy turning over per day others wouldn’t be ,but work wise I waited until I had 6-7 days work per week then had someone with me when we had finished all the window work for that week we did add on jobs and canvassed to finish the week off . Some might be happy only doing part time work to start off with it’s finding the right person that’s the hard bit . Once the employee is competent send them out on their own working whilst you go canvassing to get more work in and just keep building that’s how I did it . Don’t know if you advertise or have a website but this should also bring in more work as will a sign written van .
Yeah I have a website, sign written van etc . I have a guy who is also interested and out of a job so think I might trial it. Thanks for the advise.

Multiple streams of income. Read many books and they all say the same thing about achieving wealth.

Multiple streams of income. Read many books and they all say the same thing about achieving wealth.
This thread isn't about you but as usual, you've turned it into a freaking me, me, me circus give it a rest will you when another member has started this thread asking for advice on a serious business matter.

You are completely ruining other member's posts with your constant selfishness and ignorance that as usual only relates to you and adds no value to the discussion, this applies to every thread you are jumping on to talk about yourself.

I take it you mean the oil filled rad to protect stuff window cleaning wise, but the actual van itself couldnt get broken without it?

I take it you mean the oil filled rad to protect stuff window cleaning wise, but the actual van itself couldnt get broken without it?
Aye, although I have a frost stat but that doesn't protect my membranes from freezing so worth sticking an oil filled rad in back overnight. Its freezing all week so will be taking most of it off. If its freezing all month then I will take it off and start back in January. Customers are intelligent and will realise why but I will text most of them.

Latest Posts

Back