Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are your plans for 2017?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am in the process of making a business plan and seem to be going down the route of dropping all the other superfluous jobs and doing purely windowsThe time it takes to do other jobs i can earn as much on the glass with less effort and i am quick on roofs etc but it interferes with the round
@daveyboy this has been doing my head in all year and I still cant really decide what's for the best.

Just doing windows gives a consistent income everyday and of course yiu can keep refining it. it also doesn't need constant marketting expenses like other jobs.

On the other hand one off jobs can earn more per hour and yiu always come across that one golden job where you can earn a huge amount for not much work.

The problem is theres only so many hours in a day and I found the problem doing extras was the round would get behind then when no extras came in it would mean no work that day.

I have been thinkimg about it a lot as it means i can have a van setup specific to just window cleaning (commercial and domestic)

No need to spend money on other stuff when i can spend it all on improving my setup and getting more work

No other worries just go out in the morning and clean

I have spoken to mates who offer all sorts of services and they say they wish they had done that in the first place rather than do everything

I have been thinkimg about it a lot as it means i can have a van setup specific to just window cleaning (commercial and domestic)No need to spend money on other stuff when i can spend it all on improving my setup and getting more work

I have spoken to mates who offer all sorts of services and they say they wish they had done that in the first place rather than do everything
Mates? You have none /emoticons/tongue.png

End of my first year, and hopefully will get to the end.

Plans are to increase canvassing, being more focussed and to build rounds where I've got customers but with adds ons. Get a website that actually gives me customers. Some more commercial work.

From a kit perspective is a longer carbon pole, adding either a gutter vac or soft wash (hopefully both) and maybe water heater.

Well our plans have already started we have just brought a bigger van, we are doing loads of advertising and conversing and picking jobs up.

I am not full time on the windows you in fact I don't do any window cleaning for my own company my dad is doing all the cleaning as I work a full time job so building it up to a stage where my dad starts to struggle then I'm jumping ship from my full time job and going full time on the windows with my dad. Really looking forward to 2017

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Get more contracted and commercial work.

X1 more van ready to go in March

Achieve set weekly £ targets. Been doing this in 2016 and it's a great way of finding out where my underpriced work is. If I worked harder this Friday but earn less than the easy going Friday before then something needs changing. My weekly targets also don't fluctuate a huge amount in the year. So I've been earning the same amount in October than July for example.

Expand completely outside of window cleaning. Have a business idea which is going to cost 2K to set up and I'm convinced it'll succeed.

It's great to read everyone's plans and hopes for next year and I hope It goes well for all of you. For me its not as grand as some having only started earlier this April. But its grown quicker than I could have even hoped so over Xmas the diary will be sorted to make the round far more efficient. Where I have picked up a lot of work of Facebook and leaflet drops I have some in same areas but at different times of months etc so once that's sorted i will be moving van less and saving time and fuel. I will keep advertising as I am as its working. FB, leaflet drops in roads I'm working and then canvassing any chance I get. That should mean by middle of year I will sell or px my combo van and instead of using barrels and backpack have a bigger van with a proper system and 500L tank. Hope you all have a good Xmas and a successful 2017!

I have been thinkimg about it a lot as it means i can have a van setup specific to just window cleaning (commercial and domestic)No need to spend money on other stuff when i can spend it all on improving my setup and getting more work

Yet just two months back you were wanting to be an 'external property cleaner' moving away from just windows.

Mates? You have none /emoticons/tongue.png
There goes the last one :whistle:

I won't bother buying you a beer at xmas then lol
You must be real close mates, buying a beer for someone that doesn't drink! :rofl:

Yet just two months back you were wanting to be an 'external property cleaner' moving away from just windows.

There goes the last one :whistle:

You must be real close mates, buying a beer for someone that doesn't drink! :rofl:
I had lots of ideas but sitting down and doing a business plan makes you think about what is best for the business not what you fancy doing

We all get stuck in a rut sometimes and you need to go about things sensibly and make the business most effective for you

And that is thanks to @Damo for getting me.off my **** and thinking about things

I had lots of ideas but sitting down and doing a business plan makes you think about what is best for the business not what you fancy doingWe all get stuck in a rut sometimes and you need to go about things sensibly and make the business most effective for you

And that is thanks to @Damo for getting me.off my **** and thinking about things
I had lots of ideas but sitting down and doing a business plan makes you think about what is best for the business not what you fancy doingWe all get stuck in a rut sometimes and you need to go about things sensibly and make the business most effective for you

Thing is mate you know where my business is at and how it pivoted right at the last point.

I spent a small fortune on the deep cleaning conservatory roof cleaning idea. I never lost money but it's not for me. The www will stay up and I just pick and choose the jobs I want.

You have lots of good ideas and some bad like all of us. That's why you need a business plan. I say we meet up over xmas and sit down and write it all up and plan it out. We can loosely base it on mine and I think you will see rapid results soon.

Thing is mate you know where my business is at and how it pivoted right at the last point.
I spent a small fortune on the deep cleaning conservatory roof cleaning idea. I never lost money but it's not for me. The www will stay up and I just pick and choose the jobs I want.

You have lots of good ideas and some bad like all of us. That's why you need a business plan. I say we meet up over xmas and sit down and write it all up and plan it out. We can loosely base it on mine and I think you will see rapid results soon.
Get a room :giggle:

In brief, I'm going to start canvassing. Come April half the work in the building (my part time job) is going to Cardiff so mine and the other agency staffs jobs are going (although they're still saying this isn't the case). I'd like to be in a position where the window cleaning can keep me afloat when that day comes and then hopefully build strongly once the summer months are upon us. Ultimately this time next year I'd wish to have a good work-life balance and have my own stories to share of good/bad jobs and £500 in tips, I'm currently at £25 so not too far to go [emoji41]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back