Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you like about window cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What others have said i really - i do what i want when i want. I don't have to explain myself to my customers regarding when i turn up or how i plan it, don't have to give my address in fact only one even knows my real name. Also gets me out (I'm very reclusive), i can do the DIY thing with my gear (I enjoy tinkering) and working by myself i have nobody nagging or checking up on me - which brings me to my main quality about this job:

NO STRESS!!!

once you have a solid base of regular,reliable customers,a decent van and equipment and have your round organised(i use CP)window cleaning is a great paying job,relatively stress free and easy......its took me too many years to get to this stage though which makes everything sweeter now im finally where i am today....

do not underestimate actively working outside in the fresh air....its good for you....i know 2 window cleaners in their mid 70s who are still window cleaning and they look great for their age...

meeting customers ive been cleaning for many years and exchanging pleasantries/a chat/a laugh and maybe a coffee helps the day along...

the freedom of listening to music,podcasts,audiobooks while im working away earning money...its priceless!

yesterday i worked 8am-4pm which is a long day for me but i wanted to have a 4 day weekend(im not working until next tuesday now) and i earned just under £400!(£395)...this is not a regular amount i earn per day but i was pleased to get it done and i can relax and do other things this weekend....

once you have a solid base of regular,reliable customers,a decent van and equipment and have your round organised(i use CP)window cleaning is a great paying job,relatively stress free and easy......its took me too many years to get to this stage though which makes everything sweeter now im finally where i am today....

do not underestimate actively working outside in the fresh air....its good for you....i know 2 window cleaners in their mid 70s who are still window cleaning and they look great for their age...

meeting customers ive been cleaning for many years and exchanging pleasantries/a chat/a laugh and maybe a coffee helps the day along...

the freedom of listening to music,podcasts,audiobooks while im working away earning money...its priceless!

yesterday i worked 8am-4pm which is a long day for me but i wanted to have a 4 day weekend(im not working until next tuesday now) and i earned just under £400!(£395)...this is not a regular amount i earn per day but i was pleased to get it done and i can relax and do other things this weekend....
That’s great !!  Would be nice earning £400 each day  5 days a week 12 months of thr year ,  just under 100k , the same amount you says couldn’t be done being a sole trader one man band ??‍♂️

That’s great !!  Would be nice earning £400 each day  5 days a week 12 months of thr year ,  just under 100k , the same amount you says couldn’t be done being a sole trader one man band ??‍♂️
It can be depending what you have on.

A couple of conservatory roofs and some windows and you can hit that.

Definitely not every day though.

It can be depending what you have on.

A couple of conservatory roofs and some windows and you can hit that.

Definitely not every day though.
Definitely, can just be done on windows alone  ,even put in the odd Saturday

no doubt hard work ,  no life away from window cleaning , 

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it’s the flexibility. I can work 6 hours a day and earn a good wage. Pick up or drop off the kids at school. Take a day off when I need it. And all the fresh air after previously working under strip lights all day every day 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back