Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what flow rate do you prefer to clean at?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for clarifying. So in essence, there's no point asking what flow rate people are using because your number may match mine numerically, but the reality is they won't match in terms of rate due to the different variables you've listed? 
The question is a good one, it's the answers that just give numbers that there not much point to because of all the mentioned.   

I always found a more useful answer to be something like, 'Litres Per Minute ( L/Min ) at the brush', or 'on the glass', which requires you to do a physical measurement. Ie: find a flow you like then hang your brush over a measured container and take a measurement over a fixed time.

About a year ago I replaced my flow controller and whereas my previous controller needed to be set at 80-90/100 on the dial, the new one gave me the same flow at the brush when set to 55-60/100.  That was just a change in controller without all the other variables.

My preference, when using 2mm pencil jets, used to be 2-2.5 l/m at the brush.  I use 100° fans now and I've not checked since using them

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the flow feels lively enough, the pump runs smoothly, starts and stops fairly promptly with the controller showing de rather than P5 and as long as the fan jets are fizzing (100's), I'm fairly happy.

I haven't a clue what my lpm usage is. I must measure it out of interest.

Everyone’s set up is different , the way and speed we use varies the kit we use fan jets ,pencil jets , rinse bars all require different settings so there is no right or wrong with what setting you have your controllers on it’s like brushes and poles we all have our preferences, that work well for us .

50 on two 3mm pencil jets.  25 Litres normally goes in about 20 minutes working, although I stop the water at times I cannot imagine I stop it anymore than 5 minutes.  So I'd guess it's about 1.66 litres per minute.

When I started I had it on 40 and found that I used less water when I upped it to 50 as I could work faster with a higher flow.

i usually have mine on 40-45 all year round.....its gushing out of my jets at that setting even in this cold weather due to using hot water....

6mm microbore,5mm pole hose and 2mm pencil jets

Back