Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What I Need To Start

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can get away with shoving the ladders in the car untill I can afford the roof rack.

Can i not just use a microfibre instead of a scrim, I've always used micro fibre for cleaning lol

So i have currently got:

Diary

Ladders

Car

Water bottles

Bucket

Squeegee

Microfibre clothes

So need:

Applicator

Business cards

Flyers

Scraper

Ecover

And that should be enough to get me started for now and then Build up as I go?
What kind of car do you have? Roof rack should be top priority.

I can get away with shoving the ladders in the car untill I can afford the roof rack.

Can i not just use a microfibre instead of a scrim, I've always used micro fibre for cleaning lol

So i have currently got:

Diary

Ladders

Car

Water bottles

Bucket

Squeegee

Microfibre clothes???? Didn't people wear these in the 70's??? Lol only kiddin fella! /emoticons/tongue.png

So need:

Applicator

Business cards

Flyers

Scraper

Ecover

And that should be enough to get me started for now and then Build up as I go?

You got a good starter list there mate, mines pretty much the same.

How about a Bucket On A Belt to go with that applicator? Good tool for a tradder

I have been using fairy for the past 18 months. When you say Ecover... Do you mean Ecover Washing Up Liquid?... and is there a noticable difference between this an say fairy??????

I have been using fairy for the past 18 months. When you say Ecover... Do you mean Ecover Washing Up Liquid?... and is there a noticable difference between this an say fairy??????
Yer the washin up liquid.Yer there is I don't do much trad as I'm wfp but I have noticed a difference. Lot of the guys on here use it

I have a mondeo, ladders fit already tested.

Gloves, yes yes need them lol
Made me smile, started out with mondeo. lol oh the days. get a bucket with a lid, soggy seats/boot liner after a couple of days really start to stink. couple cheap plastic tubs, one for clean clothes and one for manky ones. What ever you do don't loose one of them baddies under the seat.

Get a Sprayer on a belt, ordered mine the other day getting it today!

Means no more carrying a bucket of water!

No more water sploshing every where in the car! lol

gloves are no good for trad, even neoprene ones, they get wet, which gets your scrims wet, which makes detailing impossible

even seal skins, they keep your hands dry yes, but the outside of the glove is still wet so you just soak your scrim after 2/3 windows detailing

Get a Sprayer on a belt, ordered mine the other day getting it today!

Means no more carrying a bucket of water!

No more water sploshing every where in the car! lol
SOAB not really about the sloshing, I can easily get away with only carrying 1 gallon of water/ecover which would last me all day. It's convenient as it's always there on your belt and it adjusts from wide spray to a jet that can spray 15 feet easily (not that you'd ever do that lol).
1 T-Bar 12" - 14"(a smaller one as well at a later date maybe)

1 Applicator sleeve (at least)(my method always carry 3)

1 squeegee handle (2 would be better)

3 channels 6" 9" & 12"-14" (with rubber)

1 spare length of rubber to cut to size (bulk buy is cheaper)

1 BOAB

1 SOAB (or bucket)

1 ladder

1 scraper

1 pole (Harris @ B&Q cheaper than Unger etc)

1 bottle Ecover (from tesco, I add white vinegar also)

Scrims or Micro's

Write day 1-20 in a book on seperate pages (diary not needed), business cards handy but flyers I'll probs never bother with those again cos ain't worth the effort.

Who needs a kit lol

Ah ok, we'll really waiting for monies ATM as had to get the mondeo some new shoes and it cost me £130 so im skint till pay day /emoticons/sad.png

Back