Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is going on with my TDS?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes I've found the same with Northumbrian Water, in winter months tds between 60-80 and the last month or so it's been over 500. I asked Northumbrian Water about it in the past and its something do with them drawing water from 2 different reservoirs during summer months. 
My TDS south Sunderland is 300+, yesterday was nearly 400. My son north Sunderland is circa 70

Yes I've found the same with Northumbrian Water, in winter months tds between 60-80 and the last month or so it's been over 500. I asked Northumbrian Water about it in the past and its something do with them drawing water from 2 different reservoirs during summer months. 
I guessed as much. I check my water TDS every single time I fill the tank. It fluctuates massively. Like I say the other night I checked around 11pm and it was back to 70ppm. The next morning 380ppm. It's like they flick a switch or something. It's actually very frustrating cos you never know where you are with it so to speak. When I rang Northumbrian Water a couple of years ago (2018 when it pretty much didn't rain for months) asking why my water TDS had jumped from 70ppm to (at that time) 500ppm+ the person I spoke to didn't have a clue what I was even talking about. But just from my own guesses I assumed it was from all the **** once the reservoirs got low (ish) due to lack of rain. The more it doesn't rain = the higher the TDS will go.

I guessed as much. I check my water TDS every single time I fill the tank. It fluctuates massively. Like I say the other night I checked around 11pm and it was back to 70ppm. The next morning 380ppm. It's like they flick a switch or something. It's actually very frustrating cos you never know where you are with it so to speak. When I rang Northumbrian Water a couple of years ago (2018 when it pretty much didn't rain for months) asking why my water TDS had jumped from 70ppm to (at that time) 500ppm+ the person I spoke to didn't have a clue what I was even talking about. But just from my own guesses I assumed it was from all the **** once the reservoirs got low (ish) due to lack of rain. The more it doesn't rain = the higher the TDS will go.
I hope to God that ours doesnt suddenly jump up. Its always 530 odd, so that dont leave any room for manoeuvre. No rain still, and apparently the downpours in the next few days will just miss us in the far east of the country. So the farmers are taking loads, for the crops too.

Back