Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

scratches on sills and frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gaz

hi all had an angry customer saying our brush heads have scratched all his window sills and frames. not got a clue how to respond to him, any advice from any1?? use a 12 inch rectangular Viking brush head and think the ash cloud we had a few month back may have blew dust, stones etc onto whites then when we cleaned the sill its scratched.

hmm not an expert as I tend to wfp first and clean the sills afterwards but...

magic sponges are the answer ....and should leave custy happy again../emoticons/biggrin.png

just say okay will get them off and then make sure it doesnt happen again...

its all a learning curve...good luck..

oh for the magic sponges try tuffers on line...a great store...

best thing u can do is tex an say ill pop over an ave a look get ur ladder out an take a buchers ide dich the vikan m8 an get a supreme hibrid mch liter an scrubs just as good

I thought sand paper would scratch the sill n make it worse? gunna try upvc cleaner first. just scared to clean sills from now on, I might try different brush heads

dont forget it was frank that said that gaz...:rofl:

he does have some funny ways that frank

once he came across a very mucky window sill and didnt want to dirty his sill cloth and nearby was a paint roller in water so he used that....

it was a nice pretty pattern that paint on the brickwork....bloody frank

do they sell the supreme hybrid at pure freedom or if not do they fit on the any pole?

they sell them at gardners but they will fit the plastic angle neck just like ur vikan a upvc solvent an a magic spung mite get the scraches off but rember to rinse off after as it can turn upvc yellow if left on

where can I get magic sponges and what size? also the brush head bumper are they good to protect from scratches?

are these magic sponges actually good or just same as the ones under my sink from shop ? lol

nah funny enough ..just wet and scrub...they do work...I thought I had caused some blue marks on a white pvc door the other day and off they came.../emoticons/biggrin.png

impress the custys as you take off the shoe scuff marks on doors..

what about scratches though? scuffs are 1 thing, scratches are different /emoticons/sad.png

A solvent upvc cleaner will get them out. Usually they aren't scratches as such but marks from the plastic. ( vikans are the worst for this )

Once you clean the dirt (or black plastic) out the groove then it clears.

Just tell him you will sort it. You will get it done. /emoticons/smile.png

never had to remove scratches but I would say very very fine wet and dry with fairy...

got one custy sog...silly old git....decided to clean some bird poop off and also cleaned all the sills as well...what a mess dont know what he used but ...I aint getting it off...

unless of course he crosses my palm with some nice readies../emoticons/biggrin.png

seen so many custys make a mess...unless of course they asked for help from frank..

one of the worst was the first time I used my aligator...on an inside....and the dining room window was scratched to feck I was thinking it was me but went back and no scratches on any of the others I had done...

sog had obviously used a t towel which was not glass safe..:whistle:

well I ordered 100 magic sponges for 5er so see what they do. also got lots of cream cleaner and solvent cleaner I can use too. im ringing gardiner tomorrow also as I want to change brush heads and have the brush head bumpers too for extra protection. I got 5 lads so that's 5 brushes, cant go 3 days without paying out /emoticons/sad.png

Back