Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Baffled tank mounded nut cracked

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've had good results with a glue gun but there must be a more professional approach.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Yeah it was BSP it's been in for a few years too. I was putting the tank into a different trailer when it must of happened, 'twas fine in the other trailer, no leaks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yes it solved the leek, it was a hole not a crack and I used the glue gun to squeeze the glue through the hole and plunged it from both sides so to speak, I just put loads on the outer wall and as it was cooling pressed a butter knife against. It keeps it dry no drips.

hi bigfoot, did gluing solve the problem, what type of glue was it please?
Regular glue gun glue. So it's hot glue and cools quickly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes it solved the leek, it was a hole not a crack and I used the glue gun to squeeze the glue through the hole and plunged it from both sides so to speak, I just put loads on the outer wall and as it was cooling pressed a butter knife against. It keeps it dry no drips.

Regular glue gun glue. So it's hot glue and cools quickly

The crack in mine runs along the thread of the nut ( exactly where the tap screws in) was yours in the same place or in the plastic of the tank?

Araldite is what you want here 
Will that ARALDITE bond the crack in the metal thread of the bolt?
If so I would have to use it on the thread and quickly screw the tap in place, wouldn't ever be able to take it out then

The crack in mine runs along the thread of the nut ( exactly where the tap screws in) was yours in the same place or in the plastic of the tank?

Will that ARALDITE bond the crack in the metal thread of the bolt?
If so I would have to use it on the thread and quickly screw the tap in place, wouldn't ever be able to take it out then

Mine was in a plastic side wall low down so it had the weight of the water to deal with yours does sound a more difficult fix but worth an attempt if it could save you a few £££

If you manage to make a repair with the glue to get you out to work, I would be ordering a new tank asap as it may not hold permanently.

Back