Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update from a newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mooners

It was a couple of months back i first took a look on the forum and had a good welcome. The intention to start running a wfp system, and trade i knew nothing about alongside, current employment, with the aim of making the window cleaning a full time business in the future.

Since then, second hand van purchased. Picked up a nice Peugeot Expert from a private seller on 57 plate. Looked at a couple of vans through trade sellers for my intended budget and they were a right mess so very happy with the purchase so far. I realise it could break down tomorrow, though it came with service history and proof of repairs done in the past as well so I'm hoping it will do the job for me.

RO system fitted in the van with a 500litre tank via a visit to Pure Freedom and an invaluable morning out with cleaner/trainer(Bryan) they use while the van was being fitted. Am sure this wasn't for free and was absorbed in the price i paid for the install, though so much information gained, more than i'd have learnt on any course i'm sure. Well worth the visit to Grimbsy.

Some trad bits bought from Window Cleaning Warehouse so am practicing with that kit as well.

Went out a bought some decent work attire today from Screwfix so hopefully will look the part when i start canvassing in a couple of weeks time.

(i'm not being paid for the adverts, honest:))

Had a nightmare trying to come up with a name for the business that hasn't already been used. I've gone for the 'use you own name' option.

A friend has offered to produce a logo, so just waiting for that so i can get van sign written, cards printed, website made.

I've found the forum a great help so far, though it's been more reading than posting, so felt compelled to get typing.

The plan is to get out there looking for work in a couple of weeks, when i've got most of the to-do list completed.

I'll keep you updated

Well done mate

If it was me i would be canvassing at every opportunity now so in a couple of weeks you have a list of customers to start on and get the money coming in

good update mooners, i agree with Dave, why wait a couple of couple of weeks, no reason you can't get out there a start building your customer base now. Go for it fella.

Good stuff @Mooners sounds like it's all going well so far! Now time for the fun bit /emoticons/smile.png Be sure to post your logo/website etc when it's all sorted! Look forward to seeing it :thumbsup:

Latest Posts

Back