Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the worst piece of window cleaning related equipment or tool you have purchased

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pheonix Glass Fibre pole  , My god its like controlling a piece of string in the wind , I only had it extended halfway it was so bent I could not even reach the glass 

Ionics grafter pole 21 although 18 ft what a joke!! Why didn't I get Gardiner earlier, 5 years old pole for £240 carbon fibre that's amazing value.

I brought 3 different batches over the course of a year as i gave them the benefit of the doubt i used to clean shop fronts so cant wate a couple of days for them to were in as lines everywhere dont do lot of trad now so rubbers last ages i just stick to ettore soft now 
Fair enough mate. Can’t go wrong with Ettore ? 

Brodex 30' aluminium pole. 

Worst piece of junk I've ever used. Lasted 30 minutes and had to go home to get my Universal fibreglass pole. 

I don't know if anyone on here used universal poles, but the fact I was relieved to go back to it shows how bad the brodex pole was.. 

Also the brush wore out.. After 30 minutes! The bristles all bent and tangled and blocked the jets. 

Brodex 30' aluminium pole. 

Worst piece of junk I've ever used. Lasted 30 minutes and had to go home to get my Universal fibreglass pole. 

I don't know if anyone on here used universal poles, but the fact I was relieved to go back to it shows how bad the brodex pole was.. 

Also the brush wore out.. After 30 minutes! The bristles all bent and tangled and blocked the jets. 
I bet you had to do a 6 month gym course before you could lift the blessed thing ????

I bet you had to do a 6 month gym course before you could lift the blessed thing ????
Yep it was ridiculous, but the worst thing was its length, about 7' if I remember rightly. I'd have smashed something before long it was so unwieldy. 

I actually still have 3 of the longer sections of my Universal pole. I can use them to extend my CLX 27 to about 50' reach but it's like wrestling a tree! About 4" diameter at the base.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it was ridiculous, but the worst thing was its length, about 7' if I remember rightly. I'd have smashed something before long it was so unwieldy. 

I actually still have 3 of the longer sections of my Universal pole. I can use them to extend my CLX 27 to about 50' reach but it's like wrestling a tree! About 4" diameter at the base.
I cannot remember what the brodex  guy was called but remember him giving me a pole to try at the nec window cleaning show must have been around 2004 , Ime very strong and used to lift a hundred weight bag of cement above my head no problem, but I struggled to lift and use this pole , it nearly put me off getting wfp at the time ,ended ul getting an ionics system and there ergolite poles ??? 

I cannot remember what the brodex  guy was called but remember him giving me a pole to try at the nec window cleaning show must have been around 2004 , Ime very strong and used to lift a hundred weight bag of cement above my head no problem, but I struggled to lift and use this pole , it nearly put me off getting wfp at the time ,ended ul getting an ionics system and there ergolite poles ??? 
If that had've been the first pole I ever used, I would have happily gone back to carrying ladders around all day ?

In my trad days,  Wagtail flipper. All the vids show people Cleaning already clean glass. You try taking a bird ? off with that and you’re on forever. 

Curious as to which ones and why?
Hi Martyn 

I haven’t a clue other than they’re a light green colour. Bought them years ago when the old Paragon went bust or sold up. They were the best microfibre cloths on the planet. I still have a few and are like gold dust to me. The new paragons are 2nd best, but still not as good as the old firm made. 
I just found the Unger ones I bought felt **** and were **** on leaded windows. Rough. 

Cloths - Paragon ?

Rubbers - Ettore ?

Scrapers  - Unger ?

imo

Hi Martyn 

I haven’t a clue other than they’re a light green colour. Bought them years ago when the old Paragon went bust or sold up. They were the best microfibre cloths on the planet. I still have a few and are like gold dust to me. The new paragons are 2nd best, but still not as good as the old firm made. 
I just found the Unger ones I bought felt **** and were **** on leaded windows. Rough. 

Cloths - Paragon ?

Rubbers - Ettore ?

Scrapers  - Unger ?

imo
What is the best scrim to get?

Hi Martyn 

Cloths - Paragon ?

Rubbers - Ettore ?

Scrapers  - Unger ?

imo
I had a light green one and couldn`t really get on with it. However I really rate the grey unger cloths they are great!

Back