Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the worst piece of window cleaning related equipment or tool you have purchased

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had a light green one and couldn`t really get on with it. However I really rate the grey unger cloths they are great!
When Unger first introduced the little green one I tried it but didn't get on with that. Last year I got a big Bluewater one and they are great but I can see where the corners on the Unger grey would be useful.

I had a 30' Brodex pole too, I thought it would be light as they advertised it as being lightweight aerospace alloy, but it was like using a scaffold pole, I used it all day every day, aaargh!
I had a 22ft alloy pole I think it was, it was pretty decent as the sections never wore down and it took as much abuse as you could throw at it, for the money it wasn't bad at all.

Moerman squeegee ,tips fell off . Funny really ,my hubby actually told Polzn blades in one of his early cleaning vids he needed to make tips to go on his squeegee so he wouldnt scratch the frames , years later Polzn sent him a shaity message ,its ironic really hubby gave him the idea 
I think you'll find moerman had the idea and Bob helped with it.

Bob was hand modding the channels same as me back then.

The metal channels never scratched the frames anyway when the rubber was cut properly.

Nothing wrong with the tips.

I've been using them since the prototypes of the prototype and never had an issue.

The original ones did need a spot of glue occasionally but since then they all clip on anyway so can't fall off.

I wouldn't like to comment on who had the original idea or who sent messages that they should probably have thought twice about  but for sure the Moerman squeegy is very effective and benefits those window cleaners who are prepared to adapt to it. It has become my squeegy of choice.

Back