What's your pole?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Belfastcleaning, Apr 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I would be interested in hearing what poles you use? And what you find good about them? Which brush heads you use and why? For new customers who's windows are bogging is there a brush able enough to get off all the tough marks? Also what about silicone, paint and **** you need a blade to get off?

I was wanting to buy my set up individually rather than in a kit. And suppose the pole and brush is the most important?

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

North[hr]
    Sorry just slipped out lol

3. Masons

Masons Guru

I use most often a 32ft aluminium Brodex, and a 22ft facelift carbon fibre pole.
    I also have a very old 9ft (3x3) pole that's yellow and I believe to be plastic, and another 32ft glass fibre pole I have sed once since I bought it.

I want a Gardiner next, I used one in London once and it blew my mind.

4. chip

chip Guru

i use a ninja mainly, clampless, when it's good it's a dream, annoying when the sections slip down. just about had it's day now, would like slx next but think i'll have to go clx.
    richard can tell you all about first clean brushes, but i think it's often good to have a first clean pole, namely an alloy, can put more scrubbing pressure on

5. mark m

mark m Hero

All my poles are a gardiners apart from a 45ft brodex one i use for solar panels .

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Gardiners SLX22
    Gardiners SLX35
    Gardiners Super Max 47C
    Brodex 36ft Alu for commercial buildings (not glass) etc
    :D

7. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

xTel 18 footer used for 2 years with dual trim medium bristles super lite brush.
    just bought me an slx25 with medium trim sill brush. lovely pole but hated sill brush but slowly getting used to it. gardiner poles come with quick release gooseneck now, so planning on getting a stiff bristled brush for those first cleans.

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Brushes can have their limits but for all your regular work you can only be a wfp window cleaner if you choose. Depending on the work you decide to take on getting face to face with the glass maybe the quickest option with some types of jobs.

If you are only going to have a few brushes, start with bigger differences rather with the brushes with smaller differences. For example if you decide to have two wfp brushes, I would recommend a low absorbent polyester filament/bristles brush and a Boar’s hair or a more absorbent Nylon filament brush – don’t only have 2 brushes with the same type of bristles i.e. full trim and a double trim – that would be a small difference.

With the choice of pole the more rigid the pole is the faster you will be able to clean. To keep the weight of the pole down don’t carry around pole sections all day that are used infrequently.

For example I have a 16ft 3 section pole with a reach of 22ft the pole weight is 750g it’s a multi modulus pole - high modulus and 3k CF - it only has 2 clamps so has no bend or flex; I also have this pole with 4 & 5 sections, the 5 section pole weighs 1200g the 4 section about 950g

I appreciate it does get expensive working this way, but the time saved when working should be more valuable then the cost of the equipment. If you think that’s not going to be the case don’t go overboard with the equipment.

Richard

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Cheers f[hr]
    Effing touchscreen!

Cheers for replies And advice.

To start me off i Was thinking of a gardiners slx 25 or 30? Suppose bigger the better?
    Maybe a clx as a back up?
    Would like to save up and get a decent pole about 50 or 60' too.

10. frankwii

frankwii Guest

slx 25 definitely best pole for me at the moment

Advertisement