Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheelie Bin Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nice one trickydicky at least you managed to get your money back.

I'm guessing Malta being a much warmer climate stinking bins would be more of an issue than sunny UK. It’s snowing again here today so this week looks another write-off for me.

I would love to move to Malta as they get no snow and today the temp is 18c unlike -2c here. :rolleyes:

yep i was lucky family friend in malta, he empty the bins to as well as other things, Yep next week look bad for me to and i have only just started, Tried to get him into wfp too

There have been a lot that have come and gone round here. The big problem appears to be each house has three different bins, green , blue and brown. They are all emptied at different times and at different frequencies.

So to do each house you have to go back three different times. When there was only one bin a few years ago it was a breeze but it has become too complicated now. Also for the customers its 3X the price which I would imagine is a big turnoff

Well where I live we have 3 different bins, Rubbish, Recycled and garden....only the rubbish bin gets cleaned...

Well where I live we have 3 different bins' date=' Rubbish, Recycled and garden....only the rubbish bin gets cleaned...[/quote']I'm not sure if that would work all that well round here because thats the bin thats only emptied once a fortnight. The others are once a week

different here then all bins are done fortnightly too, green and brown one week(brown in spring to autem) and rubbish the other week.

I guess i wouldnt do so well if i had competition , im only guy doing it on the island, also i aint shy if ive done my regulars i knock doors," hey missus wanna your smelly wheelie bin cleaned only £3 and ill put a plastic bag liner in it for ya and ill return your bin too your hoose"

The council empty 1600 bins every day i only clean on average 80 in winter and about 100 ish in summer so hit rate is less than 1 in 10 but dont be put 0ff im sure youse can do the maths its £240 a day in winter and £300 in summer , it means i can employ someone and work only 6 hours a day myself, i dont collect money at night either , i put custies on standing order, piece of pish and i get paid every month, that means i have 2 vans and do gutter cleaning , powerwashing and now windows for these custies an aw, it aint hard , just follow a bin lorry and build a round, i only clean bins for 3 weeks off every month the other week i do all my add ons, i couldnt do it without another van and an employee, ive been canvassing for window custies for 2 weeks now and have got 57 signed up already, as for the whelies my bags cost me 12p each and fuel is £50 a week for van and powerwasher, my biggest tip is do a good job be polite and dont be shy, gey oot there and dae it , if your in an area were its already getting done well guess thats a different scenario.

I would have thought the commercial side of wheelie bin cleaning & sanitising would be where the money is. Would be very difficult for newbie’s to get a foot in the door now as all large contracts would have been snapped up already by well established larger companies.

Domestic side of things I would imagine would be very cut throat indeed and hard work to make it pay. So many seem to be doing it now for next to nothing and a high percentage of people never want to pay out to have their bins cleaned anyways when they can wash them out themselves when required.

I did look into this a long time ago and after a lot of backgroung resurch decided was not worth the investment for me. That’s probably why you see units for sale all the time and the ones that still offer wheelie bin cleaning have had to diversify into other lines of work aswell.

Commercials are good money , i have 5 schools, about 20 bars and restaurants, and 3 hotels and 8 guest houses, charge 15 quid for an 1100 litre

Nice if you can get them Donny.

However I understand with your setup you clean 1100 ltr bins outside your van on the ground which is illegal I would have thought even using a tray?

Nope, all above board as i collect the water and return it too the van, bit off a pain but easily doable, all passed by SEPA and local water board

i really like the posts you made /emoticons/smile.png wheelie bin cleaning seems like its good money but at the same time its a bit of a heacache relying on the wheelie bin men to empty it out.. lol gotta be very organised... but well done

fair play donny lad thats a good earner there you got goin they were doing it in leeds at one point but never seen them about for years.id do it but just cant see it taking off here hard enough getting windows.

Looking to getting into wheelie bin cleaning myself now! keep getting asked by customers if i do it?

all ways said no but it is getting more and more customers asking now! also have seen quite a few asking for this service on my local buy&sell pages on facebook!

there is cleaners around but from what i can make out it is either they are not done right or are unreliable, bit like window cleaning then!

So now thinking should i just add it on to my customers to start with and see how it goes, been looking at trailers and moreclean do a hire 12/24/36 at a time could hire instead of buying until i build up a decent round !

I was thinking start with doing it for customers,

While out cleaning bins take a lad with me to knock doors in front of me in the street that i would be cleaning asking if they wanted their bin cleaned as we are in the street!

Also advertise on the facebook buy&sell pages saying

Week 1 area A

week 2 area b

Week 3 area c

Week 4 area d

on a monthly cycle!

how would others do it?

theres a trailer for sale in kilkenny in southern ireland , it was custom built in the uk originally and cost in excess of 10k , its selling for 3k sterling and is in great condition , if your interested send me a pm and il track down the sellers contact and site link ,

theres a trailer for sale in kilkenny in southern ireland , it was custom built in the uk originally and cost in excess of 10k , its selling for 3k sterling and is in great condition , if your interested send me a pm and il track down the sellers contact and site link ,
Yes be worth a look!

ive been doing reserch into this and the pros aim for 150 customers a day at 3.50 abin = £525 a Day! what i want to know if you have 750 customers a week how do u keep track of it all?! even witg a program it would be tough!!

the site is called donedeal.ie , if you go into the business section on the home page then click on business opportunities and its on page 39

ive been doing reserch into this and the pros aim for 150 customers a day at 3.50 abin = £525 a Day! what i want to know if you have 750 customers a week how do u keep track of it all?! even witg a program it would be tough!!
150 bins a day , for a one man set up is nearly impossible in my experience , ive managed just over 100 and thats a 12 to 14 hour day .

Why would you want to is the question?

So the dirty water is sucked up using an electric wet vac but need power aswell as running a pressure washer. Then to conform to bin washing regs you can't just go emptying the wet vac in any old drain.

Back