Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where can I buy a ubik/virosol alternative first thing tomorrow morning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well, I got up early and got down to screwfix for 7am. Bought the stuff, went and filled up with water and had a chat and then set off to the job looking forward to giving it a try.

Got there and the bloke started trying to haggle on the price that we'd agreed on the phone. I told him I wasn't going to budge and in the end he decided he didn't want the fascias cleaning. I could have had an extra half hour in bed. ****.

I used the screwfix degreaser for the first time this morning. I had a moderately dirty gutter, fascia and cladding job to do first thing. I'd say it's definitely as good as ubik/virosol although I won't fully endorse it until I've used it on a couple of really dirty jobs. Definitely worth £5.99 for five litres though.

I'm tempted to swing by screwfix tomorrow to get some as i have a fsg job thursday that i can't hypo due to all the lead on the windows i don't want to turn brown

Neil said he'd lend me a little ubik until i pick some up but a good excuse to try the screwfix stuff

Ta mate

I should make it

Only 14 jobs tomorrow. .3 new cleans though..all in gt ashby lol

I'm all over tomorrow

3 new cleans all gt ashby but then anderson rd

Old town

Symons green

Broadwater

That's why only 14 jobs as i have a lot of moving the motor

I'm in Chells all day tomorrow other than one in Bragbury End that I've been putting off.

I'm all over tomorrow3 new cleans all gt ashby but then anderson rd

Old town

Symons green

Broadwater

That's why only 14 jobs as i have a lot of moving the motor
I misread your previous comment. I thought you were in Great Ashby all day but I realised your first cleans are in great ashby. I've got a few quotes to do up there tomorrow afternoon so would have given you a shout.

I'm in chells for 1

Gonna do that about middle of my work for the day

I'll give you a shout when i get up there

I do a lot of FSG cleans and I ran out of UBIK one day so I went to Screwfix and got their degreaser. It's all I ever use now with a splash of washing up liquid thrown in just to help it stick to the fascias.

I do a lot of FSG cleans and I ran out of UBIK one day so I went to Screwfix and got their degreaser. It's all I ever use now with a splash of washing up liquid thrown in just to help it stick to the fascias.
I can't see me going back to ubik or virosol after using the screwfix stuff. I'm pleased i discovered it.

Back