Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where can I get one of these from?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So after looking around, this is the only thing I could find. I couldn’t cut the popular square ones in half but I can with this one. It’s going on both doors so when I open the doors back up I can wind hose back on reel as normal

A8F3BFD5-3C61-4028-8468-00BCFA7C9EEF.png

What do you do during the working day? Do you leave the pole connected and trap the pole hose in the door or do you disconnect on every job? Can see that one being a right faff though having to thread the hose through the hole and back under the bumper everytime. 
It takes a few seconds to thread it through. If your only moving a few hundred yards then you can leave it hanging out.

What do you do during the working day? Do you leave the pole connected and trap the pole hose in the door or do you disconnect on every job? Can see that one being a right faff though having to thread the hose through the hole and back under the bumper everytime. 
We use hot water so at the end of each job just wind in the hose disconect it from the pole and Connect  it to a return to tank feed under the van , hopefully the pictures are self explanatory  ,any questions just ask .

588CBD0A-0628-4267-9EF4-4C4A23AE83A6.jpeg

DA9131E2-828C-4BEB-8C91-6093D6E05C4B.jpeg

1033DE6E-0721-40D9-9EFE-FB2123A52612.jpeg

Has anybody got a link or a name for the metal plate that connects your hose up so you can lock your van whilst working. Ive seen them on ebay but I cannot find them and i haven’t a clue what they’re called ???

I never disconnect mine throughout the day. Just wind it in until the protector ball reaches the underside of the roller, then bung the pole onto my rack through the side door, throw in the excess pole hose and slide the door shut.

The rubber gasket around the door puts hardly any pressure on a pole hose, plus the EZ connectors last absolutely ages as they are not constantly disconnecting.

Another big advantage with this method is, no constantly bending down to reach the connector. Just a light pull on the pole hose and up it comes. This is a relief at my age ??‍?.

Pub and curry time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ???‍??

Anybody with the under floor rollers. On my last van with the back door roller I always found when reeling in, the o clip always caught on the rollers and most often required jiggling the hose or pushing it through by hand to then reel in the further pole hose. Does any of yous not find this is the case with the under floor rollers ??

Anybody with the under floor rollers. On my last van with the back door roller I always found when reeling in, the o clip always caught on the rollers and most often required jiggling the hose or pushing it through by hand to then reel in the further pole hose. Does any of yous not find this is the case with the under floor rollers ??
I have an inline tap which can be an issue to get through the rollers, but I thread mine through on a Monday and it typically doesn't get reeled in with pole hose until my last working day of the week, I just reel main hose in up to the tap then pole hose goes into the back of the van and trapped in the door, although recently I just haven't bothered with fully reeling pole hose and all in, Just take off the pole hose hang up in the garage in big loops at the end of the week and leave tap hanging underneath the van as it gets garaged over the weekend 

Yes this can happen some rollers have a bigger gap between each roller that helps stop this also mount the rollers like in the picture below helps make it easier as well 0CD6ABBA-BA48-4B8E-9F6E-1C1D499B87D2.jpeg

I think I’m going to bite the bullet and go for them, do you find the hose catches the tires badly or anything ? What’s that you have under the roller ?
When you buy it it comes with that plate you don’t have to use it but it just strengthens the floor a bit , you can buy all the bits cheaper and assemble it yourself it’s dead easy but time is money so I just bought them with the reels they do work well Ime sure you will wish you had got it done earlier , I certainly did . Obviously if wanting tk pull the hose in front of the van you have to go behind it the distance you want to go foward if that makes sense but you get used to larking differently and it’s not a problem 

When you buy it it comes with that plate you don’t have to use it but it just strengthens the floor a bit , you can buy all the bits cheaper and assemble it yourself it’s dead easy but time is money so I just bought them with the reels they do work well Ime sure you will wish you had got it done earlier , I certainly did . Obviously if wanting tk pull the hose in front of the van you have to go behind it the distance you want to go foward if that makes sense but you get used to larking differently and it’s not a problem 
I pull the hose out around 5-10 metres from the back then I can easily pull hose to the front of the van 50 metres or so, you just need to walk away at an angle so cross the other side the road almost if on a quiet estate I have the hose halfway up the tyre, I think @Part Timer still wedges a safety cone up against the back tyre and pulls the hose around that 

I pull the hose out around 5-10 metres from the back then I can easily pull hose to the front of the van 50 metres or so, you just need to walk away at an angle so cross the other side the road almost if on a quiet estate I have the hose halfway up the tyre, I think @Part Timer still wedges a safety cone up against the back tyre and pulls the hose around that 
I like the cone idea . I use people’s bins if they are out on the street ?

Back