Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where can I get one of these from?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes this can happen some rollers have a bigger gap between each roller that helps stop this also mount the rollers like in the picture below helps make it easier as well View attachment 19420
Could you please measure the smaller gap between the rollers as I have a tubless set like yours but I use polymorph to cover the hose connector and ‘o’ clips to minimise snags but obviously makes the connection bigger. 

Could you please measure the smaller gap between the rollers as I have a tubless set like yours but I use polymorph to cover the hose connector and ‘o’ clips to minimise snags but obviously makes the connection bigger. 
I reckon it’s about 18 mm picture might help , but remember different makes are different sizes this one is from water works and is a wider gap than the grippatank ones I have , unless they have altered there’s since I bought them 5 years ago 

F56A5275-3209-4C88-8AED-F91AD2D91BD8.jpeg

I reckon it’s about 18 mm picture might help , but remember different makes are different sizes this one is from water works and is a wider gap than the grippatank ones I have , unless they have altered there’s since I bought them 5 years ago 

View attachment 19521
Big thanks appreciated it ? I checked my polymorph connection just before I asked you for the dimensions it’s measures approx 22mm going to take the polymorph off the weekend and have another measure also I find The ‘o’  rings rip the micro clothes to shreds when reeling in the hose. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my polymorph connection just before I asked you for the dimensions it’s measures approx 22mm going to take the polymorph off the weekend and have another measure also I find The ‘o’  rings rip the micro clothes to shreds when reeling in the hose. 
As far as Ime aware you can buy this type of roller with two settings so you can move one roller in or out making a bigger gap , might pay to have a look on eBay I know the ones I got off Jordan came from China as he told me so mine arnt adjustable but some are . 

The roller I attached to my hd power up faceplate was a bit narrow that’s why I cut the bottom roller out.

Thinking my next van getting roller system like you but would like slightly wider rollers, 

have looked on eBay but all seem roughly the same non with a wider gap. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

The roller I attached to my hd power up faceplate was a bit narrow that’s why I cut the bottom roller out.

Thinking my next van getting roller system like you but would like slightly wider rollers, 

have looked on eBay but all seem roughly the same non with a wider gap. 

View attachment 19522

View attachment 19523
I think if you are a bit handy with a drill and grinder you could probably adjust them yourself by drilling another hole and moving the roller over some are riveted in others have a nut on them or a c clip I reckon bit of time it could be done , I have the exceed set up if I remove the long part of the ejector sleeve the end bit and rictus 21 fitting will fit between the rollers the joint between the microbore and pole hose easily fits through it 

I think if you are a bit handy with a drill and grinder you could probably adjust them yourself by drilling another hole and moving the roller over some are riveted in others have a nut on them or a c clip I reckon bit of time it could be done , I have the exceed set up if I remove the long part of the ejector sleeve the end bit and rictus 21 fitting will fit between the rollers the joint between the microbore and pole hose easily fits through it 
Do you use a clothe when reeling in as the connector between 6mm hose and pole hose the o rings destroy the clothes. 

Unless they have altered them since I had mine from them , they weren’t that big , ime guessing that they must be using some thing different now ?? 
The set up I have with rollers from Grippa are larger than the ones you have from Water-Works 

I recently seen a chap with a garden hose reel guide ,  the one you screw onto wall to guide hose reel about garden,     They had one bolted into wooden flooring  just behing the doors to guide reel hose around

See for the under van guides has anybody parked on a kerb for example and managed to hit them? Or is there enough clearance 

Back