Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

im thinking about going tubless but wasent shore if its worth it i like the ider how much is it to go tubless m8 ?
i didn't use a kit, i just used snipped my pole hose off so about 3 or 4 inches sticks out of the pole when its collapsed, and use rectus fittings on my hose reel which is 6mm, this fits up inside my pole.

Got all 3 of mine in the summer, not had to adjust or touch them once.I would suggest getting the blue p.u hose that exeed sell as well. Less stretchy /emoticons/smile.png
I agree with this although I hate that blue hose :mad:

love the idea of the univalve but got gd tip for the tap

yes they are pain for poping out slightest catch and it pulls out, next thing your having to push your hose up your pole not the best

quick fix buy the orange stiff hose from gardiners 1mitre long �� fits onto pole hose then into brush or tap

never ever pops out

Fitting a Univalve and going tubeless is quite straightforward. Cut a piece of PU hose about a foot longer than the top section of your pole. Cut it about 12inches from the top and fit the Univalve. Push the tube plus Univalve up the pole from the bottom till the hose comes out the top and secure it in place something like this.

hose%20stay_04.jpg

That piece of plastic was cut from 2 inch plastic plumbing pipe and drilled with a 7mm hole. It acts as a stay and prevents you pulling on the brush fitting. It's tight but removable for maintenance. When your pole is collapsed, cut the hose about 2inches from the bottom of the pole and fit a JG connector. It's worth using the barbed JG hosetails on your hose when using a Univalve as you are tugging at it all the time. When working with it just keep the top section of you pole raised about 3 inches. This will stop the connector from catching on the bottom of the pole. If you keep forgetting to do this you can fit something like this to the top section.

spacer-01.jpg

It's made from smaller bore plastic plumbing tube. Once you're connected up just snap it on and your connector stays up your pole

I've fitted mine in April /May and no malfunctions , it just works every day . Have been thinking of buying a little supply though, just in case they stop producing them of some reason or another..

not swapped over to these yet , we have been running aquadapters for years

were not looking forward to the change over as we like the wheel at the end to control the flow which the uni valve doent have , but it will be a few years yet as ive 6 new a.d. in stock and I keep mending the others that are in use daily lol

not swapped over to these yet , we have been running aquadapters for years
were not looking forward to the change over as we like the wheel at the end to control the flow which the uni valve doent have , but it will be a few years yet as ive 6 new a.d. in stock and I keep mending the others that are in use daily lol
I miss the wheel at the end too. Simple way to switch the flow on to rub my fingers across the bristles to clean the brush.

In normal day to day cleaning I don't notice the added weight. Its only when you are working at an acute angle you notice.

I think one windie was looking for something to say/criticise and then the crowd followed. I'm afraid Steve was between the Devil and the deep blue sea. Ignore crowd hysteria and loose sales or pander to them and waste money, time and energy trying to achieve the impossible.

IMO there is no comparison between an Aquadapter and a Univalve having worked with both I still have an Aquadapter fitted on a mini-pole as I still had an AD and spare bayonets and springs so didn't want to bin it but when it's Kaput it'll be Uni's all the way, the switching water on and off at the brush is a minor detail you can still do that fit a on off tap at the brush head and fit a Uni as well?

Yes obviously.....I mean with the univalve you have to pick up the hose and pull it for on and pull it again for off. With the trigger your hand is on it at all times so it's a simple squeeze for water.

Apart from the fact you get hose loops with trigger valves what benefits are there to changing to a univalve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u dont pick up the hose lol u give iquick pull at the bottom of the pole as thats were one hand is near... or are u one these guys wh hold the pole on the top o setion or even the next section lol

i bought one 2 weeks ago for my supermax 55 3k and had my doubts about it. i loved my aquadapter but i have to say i saved more water and my work is much faster now. no turning the water off on sills with this new uni valve. the aqua dapter is a back up now.

I'm thinking about getting one either this or the gardiners goosevalve, it I buy the uniValve for my slx 18 do I need the exceed blue hose what would you recommend the 23ft length also what size o clips do I need.

whats this blue hose stuff i hear about. im using the old aquadapter orange hose connected to the gardiner red hose that came with my super max pole

Blue exeed p.u hose is very similar to the orange hose, only slightly less rigid. The orange or red aquadapter hose is fine with a univalve.

I personally think the red pole hose is the worst one out there

yes the red hose is stiff and wont go on the trolley like the orange hose. it coils up and takes longer to pack away.

Spoke to Steve from ex-ceed left a message and he got straight back to me told him the exact hose length I needed to accommodate my slx22 with a little extra length for a couple of extensions, also explained Im the worlds worst DIYer so he installed the valve on the hose with a rectus tail piece (don't laugh now) I did crimp the 'o' ring to the gooseneck myself lol, fitted this afternoon used it on my own house should have got one months ago great piece of kit, but just as importantly what a pleasure to doing business with Steve very easy to talk too brilliant service really happy all Round I know it's all been said before but thought I would say again lol.

Spoke to Steve from ex-ceed left a message and he got straight back to me told him the exact hose length I needed to accommodate my slx22 with a little extra length for a couple of extensions, also explained Im the worlds worst DIYer so he installed the valve on the hose with a rectus tail piece (don't laugh now) I did crimp the 'o' ring to the gooseneck myself lol, fitted this afternoon used it on my own house should have got one months ago great piece of kit, but just as importantly what a pleasure to doing business with Steve very easy to talk too brilliant service really happy all Round I know it's all been said before but thought I would say again lol.
He has had some negative comments on here a while ago about his customer service, but I personally have nothing but good to say about Steve, even going back many years ago when I was buying aquadapters off him, he was nothing but helpful and prompt /emoticons/smile.png

Back