Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why be a window cleaner / business owner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was a foreman tarmacer for 25 years, getting up at the crack of dawn and not getting home till late, hardly saw my kids grow up, then after a particularly **** and stressful day I told my boss to stick his job up his **** and walked out, I decided to start window cleaning as I'd done it for a year before! This was 5 years ago and although it's been struggle it's finally all come together, I'm stress free, been to all my kids school parents evenings and sports days, I love my job although sometimes a bit monotonous I could never work for somebody else now .

Had about 26 years in a factory when wife and I decided to buy a newsagents after about a year still on nights business went belly up lost house , made redundant and lost redundancy money as I was by then bankrupt and got divorced all in 2004 .Scared of heights so brought a ladder ( kill or cure ) and thought how hard can window cleaning be never bothered practicing before first customer in Jan 2005 made a right mess .After 6 months nearly gave up as not enough work .Now remarried ditched a load of customers so I can work 4 weeks then take a break in caravan on 5th week . Now fit work around my life not many jobs let you do that.

Got kicked out of school at 13 (literally on me birthday). Always struggled to find a good job as have no qualifications.

Done loads of jobs. Started at the bottom and tried to work up from the inside. Always Wonted to work for myself. Way of the world but I hated putting all my energy into making someone else money.

One business was failing. Got opportunitie to work for a local guy as an when I was free. Never looked back. Sub work of him now. Growing my own round, and best of all. Two days a week I employ someone to make me money.

Oh an it's 2.20pm on a sunny Wednesday. I have done my list for the day. So sitting in a beer garden doing paperwork. What on earth could be better,

Back