why isn't my water purer

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 5, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. i recently installed a wfp system in my van i live in a soft water area and was advised i'd only need DI. i check the water purity annd it was 26 and when i run it through my di vessel its coming out at 8 should it not be lower? am i doing something wrong? any help appreciated.

colin :)

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Colin. Should definitely be zero. If you have just filled the resin vessel, did you pack it well in. If it is not packed enough then the water can find its own way out without clearing the tds. Also an easy mistake, but is worth checking that you have connected the in and out of the resin vessel the right way round.

In an absolute emergency you will probably get away with 8, but would recommend trying to pack a bit more resin in.

Another thought - make sure that the water has been flowing for a minute before taking a tds reading, and make sure that the container you use to hold the water for testing has been well rinsed out the test Water .

hope fully this will help trace the problem

Dave[hr]
    Just had another thought - are you putting the water into the tank, and then filtering on the way from the tank to the pole, or are you filtering on the way to the tank. If filtering on the way to the tank, there may be some impurities in the tank that the water is picking up after filtering ( particularly with a new tank).
    It is usual to filter on the way from the tank to the pole to prevent this, and also to keep the chlorine etc in the water until needed as it helps keep the water safe from bacteria etc.

Dave

3. Yeah, you must have the DI vessel as the last purifyer before the pole as tanks can hold all sorts of smellies!!!!
    If packed in well with water as soft as yours your resin should last for ages.
    If only I could have 26 - mine is 486!!

4. magic, thanks guys, i never realised the water here was so pure, i suppose there is some advantages to staying in cold, wet scotland

:)

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

That and the Whisky.

6. lol, true that :)

7. And the only advantage I can think of in Essex -

Is...... Essex Girls!!!!!

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

You say you have recently installed a DI in your van.Your resin should last between 4-6 months with ppm at around 26.First check connected the right way round and after the pump just before the pole hose,Make sure the resin is filled to just under the neck of the vessel and packed down (give a couple of taps on the ground to settle the resin)

Get to be a London girl for me Lads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhT_5HaIEFw

9. 26ppm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![size=x-large]

M
    After my water has travelled through 2 3 pre-filters and a 40/40 [/size]membrane I get down to 34ppm!!!!!
    I then resin the rest down to zero.
    Some resin is better than other though.

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Thus has made be think guys your all saying put di's as last thing before pole Erm I don't. I have my di's before anything. Attach garden hose to di water goes through two di's then straight into tank.

Advertisement