Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaner Van Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I buy the systems re burb them myself most come with the clamps but when needed then the approved installer will supply clamps and bolts from ionics they will fit the system and then give me an a certificate stating its a crash tested system fitted by an approved fitting centre , the bolts are always replaced , the last system they fitted was only a couple of months ago two new clamps were needed and new spreader plates and bolts they also cut the holes in the floor for the air intake and exhaust for the thermopure  total cost was £185 , Ime more than happy with that . 
That's actually cracking, wished I knew that before! ? 

When you're getting the quotes you need to get them around 21 days before the day your insurance is due to be renewed.  People who are organised are less of a risk, those organised people get their quotes in before renewal day, 21 days seems the optimal but apparently the optimal date adjusts each year, main thing get it done early.  I just got mine for £151.50 via Gocompare.  Axa via Lloyds Bank.  7 days later the price went to  £155 but I still had the original quote reference which is valid for 30 days.  Don't know how much it would have been had I renewed on renewal day.

@P4dstar guess who's back, back again ? I am with Admiral fully declared tank and fully confirmed on my policy documents I pay £360 I think it is, Aviva wanted about £1,200 when I phone them up about 2 years ago
Hi mate this may sound stupid but are you saying £360 for the year?? 
If so that’s mega cheap, I’m paying much more!

So to clarify for any new guys starting out it appears in some instances that its a split marketplace with conflicted prices 

Some guys are paying thousands and other sub 270 on one van? 

Also the debate on a fixed crash tested 600L tank for example and a 25OL strapped in unfitted tank? 

This thread is exposing some very different price structures on similar vehicles 

So to clarify for any new guys starting out it appears in some instances that its a split marketplace with conflicted prices 

Some guys are paying thousands and other sub 270 on one van? 

Also the debate on a fixed crash tested 600L tank for example and a 25OL strapped in unfitted tank? 

This thread is exposing some very different price structures on similar vehicles 
That’s insurance for you

Wow,

Seems everyone is paying far less than i do, Alexandre swan charge me £1,400 per van, have 2 ford transit customs with 750ltr x line system (diesel heated in one) and 750ltr delivery unit only from waterworks in the other! 

Everything is covered in the vans, i just thought this price was normal too! 

Evening chaps. Just been on the hunt for a fresh policy for our new van. Thought I'd share incase it helps anyone in the future.... Just for comparison purposes its;

Fiat Doblo 1.6

Fitted system from Grippa declared as a modification

4 drivers

Myself - 3x accidents (1 fault 2 non fault) all in 2017. Also 3 points for speeding, again in 2017

The wife - Squeaky clean

Employee 1 - 3 points for speeding in 2019

Employee 2 - 3 points for speeding in 2020

New van so 0 no claims bonus.

Put all this through A-Plan. Their quote was £1389 for the year. Called Aviva directly, they added this onto my current policy, for the remaining 6 months it came in at £321.

Absolute madness the difference in price. I don't understand why they sort some of you guys out with reasonable prices.

Evening chaps. Just been on the hunt for a fresh policy for our new van. Thought I'd share incase it helps anyone in the future.... Just for comparison purposes its;

Fiat Doblo 1.6

Fitted system from Grippa declared as a modification

4 drivers

Myself - 3x accidents (1 fault 2 non fault) all in 2017. Also 3 points for speeding, again in 2017

The wife - Squeaky clean

Employee 1 - 3 points for speeding in 2019

Employee 2 - 3 points for speeding in 2020

New van so 0 no claims bonus.

Put all this through A-Plan. Their quote was £1389 for the year. Called Aviva directly, they added this onto my current policy, for the remaining 6 months it came in at £321.

Absolute madness the difference in price. I don't understand why they sort some of you guys out with reasonable prices.
Great info, cheers. 2017 was a bad year for you!

Back