Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners License?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James.s20

Hi,

I have been considering starting up for some time now. I’ve rang the local council to price up the window cleaners license and nobody there seems to have a clue on the process to apply or anything to do with it. 

It’s Durham County Council is there anyone on here that can point me in the right direction I’ve looked online can’t find anything about it just wanting a figure at this point and to know the process of applying should it come a reality.

thanks in advance 

Hi,

I have been considering starting up for some time now. I’ve rang the local council to price up the window cleaners license and nobody there seems to have a clue on the process to apply or anything to do with it. 

It’s Durham County Council is there anyone on here that can point me in the right direction I’ve looked online can’t find anything about it just wanting a figure at this point and to know the process of applying should it come a reality.

thanks in advance 
Durham County Council can't even agree where you're allowed to park. Never come across a more inept Council in my life and I've never dealt with a good one.

You wanna talk about it? ?
Went to price a job in the city centre, the only parking within 200 metres was 4 disabled bays outside the job. There was 3 parking wardens walking past, end of shift, so I asked them if I could park there to do the 5 minute job. One said yes, one said no and one didn't know so I rang the Council.

The 1st call they said yes as long as I rang them beforehand, so 20 minutes before I turned up I rang them and no one knew what I was talking about. That is 1 example

Went to price a job in the city centre, the only parking within 200 metres was 4 disabled bays outside the job. There was 3 parking wardens walking past, end of shift, so I asked them if I could park there to do the 5 minute job. One said yes, one said no and one didn't know so I rang the Council.

The 1st call they said yes as long as I rang them beforehand, so 20 minutes before I turned up I rang them and no one knew what I was talking about. That is 1 example
Sounds like it took more time to try and get permission than do the job ????? with things like this I price a parking fine into the job , if we get a ticket Ime covered if we don’t its an added bonus ?????

Residential  parking only.      I just phone council dept for parking.  give Reg.  and where i am parked.  and how long for .    Save getting a ticket.     Seen one warden riding a moped,  taking a pic of a car with no parking permit on windscreen  then ride off around the streets.    So you may not see them on foot . Dont take the chance

Back