Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning training

WCF

Help Support WCF:

this thread

????

Just sums up to me what is wrong with this industry!

I would guess your other businesses are carpet cleaning and you got asked if you can do the windows..

this thread

????

Just sums up to me what is wrong with this industry!

I would guess your other businesses are carpet cleaning and you got asked if you can do the windows..

I saw a carpet cleaning van the other day and it got me thinking....why do it?? It's like oven cleaning, basically one off jobs and loads of traveling.

p.s. too many alcoholics on here ?

I saw a carpet cleaning van the other day and it got me thinking....why do it?? It's like oven cleaning, basically one off jobs and loads of traveling.

p.s. too many alcoholics on here ?
??

The one reason I come on here only around 2-3 times a week now, is because the humour side of the forum seems to be almost gone.

Yes, I know it’s supposed to be about window cleaning etc, but if it’s just that, then it’s similar to the other forums.

I left two other forums as I enjoyed the banter on here.

Seems there’s people posting just for the sake of it, or others constantly inflating their egos.

You’re a long standing member @Tuffers, as am I, have you noticed this?

(don’t feel obliged to agree with me).

Miss ‘polish a turd, eviestevie etc, they were informative and funny).

At least @Part Timer has some banter!

And before anyone has a pop, this is an open forum where opinions are welcomed ?

??

The one reason I come on here only around 2-3 times a week now, is because the humour side of the forum seems to be almost gone.

Yes, I know it’s supposed to be about window cleaning etc, but if it’s just that, then it’s similar to the other forums.

Seems there’s people posting just for the sake of it, or others constantly inflating their egos.

And before anyone has a pop, this is an open forum where opinions are welcomed ?
I run a very professional business and treat all customers with respect  I also have a laugh and a joke with some customers, this includes business customers. What we do out of work, within reason, doesn't impact on our work. How anyone can criticise people having a laugh and a joke about drinking on the weekend is beyond me. 

Then again @steve garwoodsome people live to work and some people work to play. Think me and you fall into the latter but I wouldn't criticise the former. 

??

Ive only been on here  a year and a half, but there used to be this chap on here made me laugh, aint heard from him lately, cheapy? was that his name? something like that. Gotta laugh or I cry into my beer over blinking airlock/pump/sump/hose/brush/bust  :1f635:

Ive only been on here  a year and a half, but there used to be this chap on here made me laugh, aint heard from him lately, cheapy? was that his name? something like that. Gotta laugh or I cry into my beer over blinking airlock/pump/sump/hose/brush/bust  :1f635:
Yeh, cheap and cheerful I think he was called, could be wrong 

??

My reply about alcoholics was tongue in cheek Ste as you'll know. You need bantz. I also like reading the posts about me me me, they make me chuckle ? Who gives a shiny if you've got 5 vans on the road but you've only just moved out of your mom's house in your mid 30's? I spoke to a person who happened to pick up something he won off eBay from my house (a good 100 miles away) and asked him if he knew a certain person who's a window cleaner. Happens he did know the said person and he said he's a tw@t ?. That just confirmed my thoughts, it's just a shame some people can't see through the bull? posts.

Yes, I miss some of the old posters, but they probably aren't as sad as us and have better things to do now.

My reply about alcoholics was tongue in cheek Ste as you'll know. You need bantz. I also like reading the posts about me me me, they make me chuckle ? Who gives a shiny if you've got 5 vans on the road but you've only just moved out of your mom's house in your mid 30's? I spoke to a person who happened to pick up something he won off eBay from my house (a good 100 miles away) and asked him if he knew a certain person who's a window cleaner. Happens he did know the said person and he said he's a tw@t ?. That just confirmed my thoughts, it's just a shame some people can't see through the bull? posts.

Yes, I miss some of the old posters, but they probably aren't as sad as us and have better things to do now.
There’s deffo a few on here that tell porkies. I was speaking to an ex-member a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me there were things said about him that where 100% fabricated. Weather it was to make themselves look good he couldn’t say or maybe just a simple case of mistaken identity but you should really know the facts before opening your mouth and don’t believe everything you hear. 

??

@steve garwood  yes I agree with you banter is lacking, I will admit I lack a little in the art of banter, maybe you could start a new post to teach one and all the art of banter and throw in the odd bad joke then we could have a vote towards the end of the year and have them put in the limited edition window cleaning forums xmas crackers or @Gav could do a banner like an advent calendar and have joke each day ?

I love the forum and owe a lot to the people who have helped me out. There is a wealth of knowledge here for anyone starting out. Even for some of the more experienced guys for that matter.

That being said I can see how people fall out of favour with the site sometimes. I have found myself having arguments that add no value to anyone least of all my own life & business. There are some members who are very closed minded and won't budge from an opinion. Some are outright rude. I wonder if these types of issues have been chalked up to ''banter'' which has led to things like talking about drinking being frowned upon.

Either way I came to the conclusion this site is more important to me than winning any argument or being morally correct so I have tried my absolute hardest to distance myself from things I disagree with on here. 

There are some members who are very closed minded and won't budge from an opinion. Some are outright rude. I wonder if these types of issues have been chalked up to ''banter'' which has led to things like talking about drinking being frowned upon.

@P4dstar I think you may be correct I said long ago putting an emoji in a reply can make a difference to how someone reads it, I hold off on banter with not really knowing people in case it's taken the wrong way, Nowt wrong with drinking though ? I bought some beer from a bar/beer shop yesterday had a few mouthfuls and thought it was a bit strong had a look at the can and it said it was 9%  ?  I still managed it but plenty of coffee and a black pudding and egg sarnie for breakfast.

@P4dstar I think you may be correct I said long ago putting an emoji in a reply can make a difference to how someone reads it, I hold off on banter with not really knowing people in case it's taken the wrong way, Nowt wrong with drinking though ? I bought some beer from a bar/beer shop yesterday had a few mouthfuls and thought it was a bit strong had a look at the can and it said it was 9%  ?  I still managed it but plenty of coffee and a black pudding and egg sarnie for breakfast.
That's why @steve garwood is so hot on grammar. I mean capital letters for example can be the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse ?

Back