Windows that bad needs two cleans ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WagtailMat, Oct 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

hey guys, just want to hear from your experiences, did a house yesterday the customer was over the moon but I wasn't happy the windows had 5mm of mud and debree and **** on the windows 10 hour day on this house I believe it needs a 2nd clean to get the windows brand new since we do mainly one offs in aus or every 6 months how would you go about telling another customer this who is very fussy any answers would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

It takes as long as it takes on a first clean, its not that it NEEDS a second clean its just that you didnt get it clean enough in the time you put into cleaning it. i understand a 10 hour clean is different to a 30 min one here in the uk but the principle is the same, if a custy is paying for a clean then price for however long it takes to get to clean. If thats 2 10 hour days so be it.

I always say your windows/frames will get cleaner with each clean when using wfp as it gets into all the frame seals, nook and cranny etc.

3. cheapncheerful

oh hate first cleans ....got one at the mo looked at it and thought...yuk...

so I popped my price through ...double for a first clean...

and got an email back today...hi mr window cleaner...you put your bill through but when I examined the windows they still look dirty....

YES CHEAPY WILL WRITE ESTIMATE ON THE CARD NEXT TIME...yawn....

I used to lose on new jobs in the hope of long term gain but not any more if they cant be arsed to get a bloomin window cleaner for the length of time some of them leave em....I aint killing myself anymore....and tell them...it will take time to get them as they should be..

one of my big problems this year ...however I clean ...trad or wfp...has been spider spots on the glass from where they have anchored their webs....

as I run a text demand service...some people think they can take the pee and leave it too long ....well...sometimes i fail to see them spider spots anymore..

cheapy too old to be a windowcleaner any more....:D

yep he wouldnt last five seconds in the hot country...beautiful though it is...

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i spray ubik2000 on the brush on first cleans soap up all the tops then scrub an rince first cleans r mch easer then no ball ack ect

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Was going to start doing something simalir myself as some of the first clean can be a pain in the hole

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I always degrease windows on first cleans, makes your job easier on the next clean.

7. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

So would any of you recommend adding something extra other then detergent on the windows ?

8. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

1st cleans here in Perth are terrible. Some people haven't touched their windows for years and the tracks for the sliders as well as the windows are absolute filthy. 1st I wipe frames & brush cobwebs etc, 2nd wet the scrubber i use for externals and give a good soak for the windows with bit of soap then scrub with 0000 steel wool (soon it will be bronze wool) , 3rd soap windows for actual clean then squeegee off.

9. WagtailMat

WagtailMat Active Member

Thanks guys much appreciated like I said the custy was over the moon it's just for my benefit:)

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It's not that you need to clean them twice Wag, in my opinion you under priced yourself, bit off more than you thought.

At least experience will allow you to know next time how much longer it will take you.

Advertisement