Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winning work then regretting it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I get a great buzz from winning work at the price I want but then afterwards once the work is drawing nearer to be done I think ******** I have to do some work now./emoticons/biggrin.png

How about you guys or it just me?

Yeah..i felt like that this morning..and again now as got a dirty job at 2pm

Why not get rid off any pain in the butt job when you win a good one to take the pressure off .

I have been putting off today to get ready for a 2 day job booked in to start on thursday let alone doing the other stuff I have to be getting on with.

I make a great salesman but am a **** lazy worker so maybe I should sack myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm fine when I eventualy get stuck in though it's just the thaught of having to do that four letter word that gets me down.:rolleyes:

yes i got rid of my show home cleans, they think you have not enough to do , they want you on site as and when they WANT you there to do a new house clean.

im very happy going out and working as and when im ready.

the benefits of working for yourself.

do as you please , as and when.

no ones telling me what to do, when to be there.

theres only one boss of me, thats our lass.

can remember when i was a lone wolf, faking a bad back and a van engine blow up to get out of work

Don't be putting thoughts in my head like that as I might be game to try that sometime /emoticons/biggrin.png

can remember when i was a lone wolf, faking a bad back and a van engine blow up to get out of work

Don't be putting thoughts in my head like that as I might be game to try that sometime /emoticons/biggrin.png
dont do the engine blow up, mine blew only weeks later,id jinxed it !

bad backs the one to go for,as it can come and go , for years if need be

I've used the bad back one more than once now but each time it has been a genuine reason to cancel and rebook the work. If it's not me back it's my knees that plays me up now.

So what was the dirty job you had to do then?...did that take 3 mins as well to service your customer that is /emoticons/biggrin.png

No as it was 3 minutes away in the motor

Well that job was shite but the next one was a new clean who i was recommended by a new custy i did yesterday

Turns out she is the landlady of a friend whose windows i already clean so was recommended by 2 people

She said to me " my other halfs house is 3 doors up come with me and quote it please"

Same house as hers with loft conversion

Then she says give me some of your cards as all us in this street all use the same builders decorators etc

Turns out they are like a little community in this newish estate

And she runs the community facebook page which i already get work off

Looks like i could get some work from it and i was thinking of fobbing her off after the shite new clean i did before it

The lady who recommended me to her has been busy also as i had 2 calls for quotes from her passing my name on

Every little helps as they say :thumbsup:

Well that job was shite but the next one was a new clean who i was recommended by a new custy i did yesterdayTurns out she is the landlady of a friend whose windows i already clean so was recommended by 2 people

She said to me " my other halfs house is 3 doors up come with me and quote it please"

Same house as hers with loft conversion

Then she says give me some of your cards as all us in this street all use the same builders decorators etc

Turns out they are like a little community in this newish estate

And she runs the community facebook page which i already get work off

Looks like i could get some work from it and i was thinking of fobbing her off after the shite new clean i did before it

The lady who recommended me to her has been busy also as i had 2 calls for quotes from her passing my name on

I've found that you only need to ask customers for help and most will be willing to help find you more work /emoticons/wink.png

yep I am like that when I get a big job in ...but once started ...you cant stop til its finished..

I got a constant ringing in my ears at the mo.....

hmmmm....somebody is after me in middlewich..

our friends dont give up easy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

now that is one big job I am not going back too...:rolleyes:

You talking about that mansion again??

Just tell em you ain't zipped up the back so find someone else or give you 200 notes to do it

Back