Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

work trousers for window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi guys  good and bad what you are youn wearing  for  work  trousers 
engelbert strauss rough and tough black combat pants in the colder months and es motion combat shorts in summer...ive also got some hiking trousers from decathlon for wet days in winter(they are waterproof and warm)....best workwear ive ever had from engelbert strauss...really good quality clothing and last years with plenty of pockets!

Honestly I don't have too much of a problem in winter. They do get rather warm in summer though.

I used to wear cargo trousers but as I have very little bum and a rather portly stomach, the only way to hold them up was a rather tight, restrictive belt. I seemed to spend half the day pulling my trousers up. There was a rather embarrassing incident where I was working in a small gap between a lower bay window and a privacy hedge the owners had planted. I was working with my hands and pole above my head to clear the top of the hedge cleaning the top bedroom bay windows. My trousers chose that moment to slip down. I couldn't drop the pole down to rescue my trousers. It seemed ages before I fathomed the solution out. Hence the B&B's. The homeowner never said a word but she cancelled the clean a few months later. Probably scared for life. Yes I was wearing underpants. Bib and brace saved that from happening again.

The Dickies I have has an elastic section at the back that helps a bit when bending. Tbh they are a bit restrictive when bending so isn't the ideal solution but that's the only compromise.

I promise you, dungarees look far better on women folk than they do on me.
"Very little bum and a rather portly stomach" Why do I have a mental image of Desperate Dan in my mind???

I think someone posted a link on here a while ago about a Canadian company that have all their staff kitted out in kilts
Yeah there was a company I heard of out Canada, they had some franchises in Washington state too...but havent heard or seen anything about them in years lol. 

Back