Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working with van doors closed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Typically any windy will have £100's of equipment and spares that will cost far more to replace than they might be worth now used, I wouldn't want the expense and headache of doing so. 

my van  is so maxed out I haven’t the room for floor rollers I would like them but for the now unfortunately will have to still have doors open. 

Thanks for all the thorough replies all, from both sides of the fence. Im leaning towards getting the plate fitted to the back door for the following reasons:

1. It suits my set up

2. My reel is already fixed to the van floor and is therefore raised before the pipe hits the ground.

3. Recently purchased a gutter vacuum which is stored in the van. 

4. I don’t have the floor space for floor rollers as i already have holes drilled for in/out water inlets because my purification kit is van mounted. Also, being a transit connect with a load of kit inside, floor space is at a premium.

5. Buy a bigger van ?

Thanks for all the thorough replies all, from both sides of the fence. Im leaning towards getting the plate fitted to the back door for the following reasons:

1. It suits my set up

2. My reel is already fixed to the van floor and is therefore raised before the pipe hits the ground.

4. I don’t have the floor space for floor rollers as i already have holes drilled for in/out water inlets because my purification kit is van mounted. Also, being a transit connect with a load of kit inside, floor space is at a premium.

5. Buy a bigger van ?
What ever you decide to do post a thread with picys so we can see what solution you came up with. Good Luck.

No backpack, extra poles, trad gear etc that could be nicked? I am surprised that anyone could leave a rear door open and not suffered theft. You must operate in a very nice part of Manchester.
nearly all my work is based in affluent parts of cheshire mate.....of course ive got trad gear and a couple of old poles but its highly unlikely they would get nicked.....

Typically any windy will have £100's of equipment and spares that will cost far more to replace than they might be worth now used, I wouldn't want the expense and headache of doing so. 
i have literally £6k worth of equipment in my van but its installed and bolted down in the van....its not going anywhere!?

i have literally £6k worth of equipment in my van but its installed and bolted down in the van....its not going anywhere!?
Extra sections or a spare pole brushes can't be bolted down and those are the things easily grabbed out of a van, plenty of dodgy people about even other windys who will happily steal stuff, my van is always locked as it would only take seconds for things to be stolen. 

1. It suits my set up

5. Buy a bigger van ?
Will it not be a pig to wind the hose in when the door is open if the hose goes thru a hole in it? Unless, you’re thinking of having one of the doors closed all the time while you’re pulling the hose in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it not be a pig to wind the hose in when the door is open if the hose goes thru a hole in it? Unless, you’re thinking of having one of the doors closed all the time while you’re pulling the hose in. 
That’s a really good point mate that i hadn’t considered.....thank you ?? Will factor that into my decision ??

Why do you need to work with your van doors closed?I work with one back door open and lock the side door and cab up....
You are lucky if you can have the side door locked with the back doors unlocked. All the vans I’ve ever had lock the cab or the load compartment. I can lock the cab but if my back is unlocked so is my side sliding door. 

You are lucky if you can have the side door locked with the back doors unlocked. All the vans I’ve ever had lock the cab or the load compartment. I can lock the cab but if my back is unlocked so is my side sliding door. 
Side door and cab lock plus the back van door that's closed...I also have a full steel bulkhead...??

Latest Posts

Back