Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would anyone on here be willing to let someone tag along for the day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Badbeat

il be jumping into deep around January I know it will be hard and this might not be time to get into this but gonna try anyway. But would anyone on here let someone come work with them for the day more then happy to pay if needed just want to experience it before I fully jump into it I thought about asking someone local but thought that might not be best idea

Might be worth saying where you are, how far you are willing to travel and if you have any experience etc.

Bare in mind that if someone allows you to go out with them and watch is one thing but to allow you to use their kit on their customers might not be possible due to insurance etc but even just watching would give you some great info.

If you can even just watch then make sure you take notes on every aspect. From where they park the van, how they route the hose and why, which window they start on, what order do they do things (all first floor then all ground floor on each side sometimes different due to dripping etc). Then packing up, do they disconnect poles or not, every little aspect will give you a minimum of how 1 person works and then you have a baseline to work from, so you can tweak things for your kit and situation. Also try and take a note of how many windows and sizes (small single pane, big bay window, patio doors etc) and how long it took them - don't expect to do windows in a similar time when you start it will probably take you 3 times as long!

Might be worth saying where you are, how far you are willing to travel and if you have any experience etc.

Bare in mind that if someone allows you to go out with them and watch is one thing but to allow you to use their kit on their customers might not be possible due to insurance etc but even just watching would give you some great info.

If you can even just watch then make sure you take notes on every aspect. From where they park the van, how they route the hose and why, which window they start on, what order do they do things (all first floor then all ground floor on each side sometimes different due to dripping etc). Then packing up, do they disconnect poles or not, every little aspect will give you a minimum of how 1 person works and then you have a baseline to work from, so you can tweak things for your kit and situation. Also try and take a note of how many windows and sizes (small single pane, big bay window, patio doors etc) and how long it took them - don't expect to do windows in a similar time when you start it will probably take you 3 times as long!
I’m in West Midlands but happy to travel mostly anywhere even if it mean a few hour drive or more, and yeah I know would be happy just to go out and watch and pick up tips and like you said all of that stuff

We're working in Faringdon, Oxford, and North Swindon ealy Monday Nov 21st if nothing else crops up.
You will only be allowed to watch and it probably is far higher than you'll be doing for a few years but the technique of cleaning windows at 40' isn't really any different to doing it at 20'

I’m in West Midlands but happy to travel mostly anywhere even if it mean a few hour drive or more, and yeah I know would be happy just to go out and watch and pick up tips and like you said all of that stuff
Where in the midlands ?

We're working in Faringdon, Oxford, and North Swindon ealy Monday Nov 21st if nothing else crops up.
You will only be allowed to watch and it probably is far higher than you'll be doing for a few years but the technique of cleaning windows at 40' isn't really any different to doing it at 20'
I’ll be in aldermanbury just the other side of the British museum around then but not sure what day yet
Got to softwash some stains off the insurance institute building
You wouldn’t believe what you can quote for such a small job in the city

Latest Posts

Back