Xmas Tips

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by watty1980, Dec 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. watty1980

watty1980 Newcomer

So how did you guys do ? Got a couple of £15 tips and a couple of fivers out of 150 customers,kind of annoyed tbh,I mean I clean their windows all year in all weathers and they can't even give you an extra quid,but will quite happily tip a taxi driver they've never met to take them on a 5 to 10 minute journey.am I over reacting here ?

Advertisement
  2. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Yes you are lol.

You shouldn't expect tips, jut remember those that did tip you :)

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I found some people tight this year, some who has tipped previous years never this year..oh well, a price increase will be just as good in early spring..

But we done very well in tips, new record, so can't complain.

4. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

i did better than last year tip wise, and kind of see your point on tipping taxi drivers etc but u might find next year u get more but tbh i dont expect any tips and then anything else is a bonus

5. OoO

OoO Guest

Worst year in 12 years lol. No price increases for at least 2 years so it can be that. Thing is we do more work now than we last year. I was thinking more houses, more tips lol!

We still get a few trickle in after xmas tho!

6. chris

chris Member

you shouldnt be expecting tips. you charge a set price to clean their windows and if you want more then you should charge more

tips are just a bonus and you should be greatfull if you get any

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Exactly, tips are a bonus.

8. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I was weary the other day with nine houses left to do, I got a 6.50 tip and breezed through the rest :)

9. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

disagree slightly, it is customary to tip your window cleaner at xmas, its whats been done for years and most customers are quite happy to tip, i dont get the hump if a custy doesnt tip me, but i would tip a windy at xmas if i were a customer. some people are just tight

Advertisement