youngsters.. what chance have they got!?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by reliable chris, May 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. reliable chris

aaarrrghh..
    I've employed my son since he left school this time last year and last week he past his driving test at 17.
    I thought, here we go, get him out and do some windows (wfp) while I can potter around and do some bungalows etc, so I excitedly phone my insurance company and ask them to add him as a named driver.
    sorry sir, your insurance company won't add him even tho he has his own car (albeit ins costs him nearly 2 grand for that!)
    but don't worry.. We have found a company that will insure you both on the van @ £460 per month!!
    er.. no thanks mate and it's back to the drawing board for me..
    my point tho, is what's the point in giving apprenticeships (in any trade) if the kids can't drive a van and get out there working!!?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What are the chances of you reversing into a parked car compared to your son? That's what insurances companies take into consideration.

I thought I could drive when I was 19. Within minutes of passing my test I took my mom's Mini out on my own and duly got my arm trapped in the steering wheel while turning left into a road using one hand on the wheel.

3. cheapncheerful

it is bad ...my son said...I dont understand why my insurance is so high....

as Ive had no claims..

and to be fair , funny though it is he has a point.

yeh tuffers whilst borrowing my mothers car to pick up parts to do it up whilst she was on holiday.....er....I er...ran it into a telegraph pole yards from our front door..

so she came back to a different car....it was a vauxhall viva but it turned into a tiny fiat 500...oops...:D

it is a shame chris though..

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I rode everywhere on a little 50cc motorbike, then later a 125, that was working on site all over the country as an apprentice electrician, I would have to leave the house at 5am some mornings and get back at 8pm, in ice, snow, cold water at home used to feel like it was burning me...

Where there is a will there is a way :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. cheapncheerful

yep and I am happy to say ...my son has just got back from his trip to blackpool on his bike...kids know how to worry you...:D

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My Mom and Dad went out one night and left me on my own, I must have been about 15. Mom had a Mini Clubman in the garage. I thought I'd just reverse it out and park it back in the garage for her while they were out :whistle:. The old man had a vice on a bench at the end of the garage and the turning handle was the same height as the bonnet on the car. You can guess the rest :D

7. cheapncheerful

but tuffers...its the thought that counts...:D

hmmm lots of memories come flooding back...like the poster I put on the ceiling above my bed.....that wasnt to cover a hole I had made in the ceiling...

or the one in the hall wall either as I missed my brother when I went to give him a brotherly kick...

strange things happened in our house..

and to keep in the spirit of windowcleaning I have decided I have a haunted squeegee..

every bloody time I have to clean a patio where some one is in the room....it leaves marks all over..

come to a window with no one in...not a mark...:rolleyes:

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

my insurance in van first year was 345 per month was earning it to pay was going to cost me money if i dint have van

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I remember playing darts in my bedroom with my mate when I was about 12. The dart board was propped up on the window sill. I decided that I was going to fully launch a dart, I did and it went through the radiator beneath and water started p1ssing out :D. I had to stand there with my finger over the hole while my mate went for help round the neighbours. Ah memories :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

thats funny! ^^^

reminds me my ol dad was decorating and decided to undo the radiator brackets so he could get a paintbrush behind-yep you guessed it it fell and snapped off the water pipe. but he didnt go and turn water off ,oh no, just dragged the bedding off the bed and wrapped it over the pipe end . then pillows etc

Advertisement