Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your best ad on?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PW on the ground is not that lucrative and a messy job. PW roofs on the other hand is good money but you need to put down salvage sheets to make the clean up easier. FSG is good clean money but the height can be the problem. The customer is always very happy with the result and you usually get another job out of it. ?
The more messy the more rewarding lol

I will be doing rood cleaning in aboit 18 mo the  but not via pressure wash, scrape and spray will be my method plus i need a cherry picker before i start doing roof cleaning

What does FSG mean? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I will be doing rood cleaning in aboit 18 mo the  but not via pressure wash, scrape and spray will be my method plus i need a cherry picker before i start doing roof cleaning

What does FSG mean? Lol
I know what FSG means, but unsure about rood cleaning? ?

What does FSG mean? Lol
Cherry Picker is a waste of time because you will be lucky to get near the roof round the back. Time you position it and set it up I would be working from the scaffold. Good luck and you can give us an update on it.

Cherry Picker is a waste of time because you will be lucky to get near the roof round the back. Time you position it and set it up I would be working from the scaffold. Good luck and you can give us an update on it.
?Yeah your 100% right but if you buy a cherry picker with 20m height and 10m outright it will cover 99/100 jobs :)

But if u buy an average cherry picker for instance 14m height and 7 m reach yes u will struggle but im going to be buying a Nissan Cabstar cherry picker , and ? Cabstars are pretty good at parking in a lot of locations :)

?Yeah your 100% right but if you buy a cherry picker with 20m height and 10m outright it will cover 99/100 jobs ?

But if u buy an average cherry picker for instance 14m height and 7 m reach yes u will struggle but im going to be buying a Nissan Cabstar cherry picker , and ? Cabstars are pretty good at parking in a lot of locations ?
Good luck, I hope you don't overstretch yourself. I would just buy a zip up tower scaffold. If I want to use a cherry picker then I would just hire one. We did a pvc job over a conny so we hired a cherry picker but the batteries were flat so we hired a scaffold and done the job.

Good luck, I hope you don't overstretch yourself. I would just buy a zip up tower scaffold. If I want to use a cherry picker then I would just hire one. We did a pvc job over a conny so we hired a cherry picker but the batteries were flat so we hired a scaffold and done the job.
I totally understand what your saying via Scaffold but i think its headache setting it up and then dismantling it all, but at the end of the day Scaffolding is a good option because it gets the job done :)

Im planning in hiring equipment in the future so ill be hiring chrery pickers out, carpet cleaning machines and pressure washers  etc , If i can hire a cherry picker out and also use it at the same time for my own jobs then it will pay off easily

I totally understand what your saying via Scaffold but i think its headache setting it up and then dismantling it all, but at the end of the day Scaffolding is a good option because it gets the job done ?

Im planning in hiring equipment in the future so ill be hiring chrery pickers out, carpet cleaning machines and pressure washers  etc , If i can hire a cherry picker out and also use it at the same time for my own jobs then it will pay off easily
Great idea in theory but folk don't take care of things they don't own them and hand it back broke. I am thinking about a similar new business for a decade now. I would be buying equipment to test and trial and then give a score out of 10. A bit like 'Which' with a £1 a month yearly contract. Not in it to make much money but I do like testing new tools. If I come into money then I will set it up. 

Ah ok , we do a fair bit of work in st ives and Hayle but nothing in carbis bay , I ough to try canvassing the hotel there that’s being used for the G7 summit in a couple of months ??
I bet you will have some chaos on the roads during the summit!

Great idea in theory but folk don't take care of things they don't own them and hand it back broke. I am thinking about a similar new business for a decade now. I would be buying equipment to test and trial and then give a score out of 10. A bit like 'Which' with a £1 a month yearly contract. Not in it to make much money but I do like testing new tools. If I come into money then I will set it up. 
Thats why u make sure u charge extra money and the extra money u charge, put it in a pot and then that will cover u for a new machine when it fu**s up lol

So its a win win situation

No, want another guess?  
I take my dad to Crantock every year.

There is a pub there called ‘The Bowgie inn’.

Used to be really good, but the last time  we went it had been refurbished, yet strangely the food wasn’t as good.

Any of you Cornish lads know it?

Latest Posts

Back