Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav

How many of you has over filled their tank?

Gav

OK I am sure I am not the only one, so come on who else has started to fill their tank, forgot about it and come back to a swimming pool!

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Gav

LOL only me then.

Guest MyLittleCleaningCompany

Yep, sorry Gav got the auto stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gav

LOL where can can I get one of these?

Guest badbusdriver

OK I am sure I am not the only one, so come on who else has started to fill their tank, forgot about it and come back to a swimming pool!

No mate, trust me, you aint the only one!.

1st time i was out in my new 'small' van (this is april '10), and being concerned that i might run out of water, i had already asked a few choice customers who i knew had an outside tap, if i could top up my tank with their water if need be.

So i am at this huge house, its the last one of the day, and i decide to connect up a hose to their tap to top up my tank just in case. I carried on working whilst doing this, but, unknown to me, their water pressure at the tap was considerably more than i was used to!. I went back to the van, after what seemed like a reasonable amount of time only to find water running in all directions!. It was running out the back, running out from below the side door, and it was even running out the bottom of the passenger door!!. The water had actually run forward into the cab area, filled up the passenger footwell and started running out over the sill!!.

That was the worst case, it has happened quite a few times since then, but i usually catch it quick enough that it is confined to the back. Of course, i have now sussed that i dont need to fill up when i am out and about, apart from very rare occoasions, so i just stick to filling up at my folks, where i now know pretty much to the minute, how long it will take to fill the tank!.

This is one of the reasons why, on threads relating to vans, i have mentioned that were i able to go back in time, i would quite possibly have chosen a citroen dispatch/fiat scudo/peugeot expert instead of the transit connect. The way their load bays are designed means that the water would never get into the cab area!.

Hinty

First time I did it, my shut off valve failed - came out in morning to a paddy field round the van, opened the drivers door and out came the water.

Old van, so I drilled a couple of holes on the footwells, but took ages to dry out.

After that I drilled a hole in the floor of the van, and fitted an overflow to the tank.

After doing that it has never happened again. :D

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Gav

Ha not alone then. I had to drill holes in my foot well aswell.

James

First time I did it, my shut off valve failed - came out in morning to a paddy field round the van, opened the drivers door and out came the water.

Old van, so I drilled a couple of holes on the footwells, but took ages to dry out.

After that I drilled a hole in the floor of the van, and fitted an overflow to the tank.

After doing that it has never happened again. :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

God I hope that never happens to me. Be a right pain to sort out.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ga3imc

Gav

OK so where can I get this stop valve?

Guest Ryan

i came close yesterday lol

nearlyclean

Filled my foot wells up had to use scrim to dry the carpet out took about a month to dry out and then did again

Shaun1977

Iv done it a few times done it this morning not over flowed but had hose resting in top of tank filling it went had shower n brekky before work came out to swimming pool in back of van ha

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?foekai

Guest badbusdriver

Filled my foot wells up had to use scrim to dry the carpet out took about a month to dry out and then did again

My transit has rubber flooring in the front, i just bailed it out(!), and dried the rest with paper towels!.

Guest DoubleACleaningServices

I do this on a regular basis leaving it to fill over ***ht, ive drilled a hole in the floor at the back of my van and through the bottom now the van just has a little wee when its to full.

Ive got a flat tank though and it drops the back of the van when full so never goes foreword, i dont think it would fill to the top if i put a shut off valve on it so i have never bothered.

simon

not only that but i keep forgetting to put the tank lid back on after i've filled up at ***ht then setting off in the morning 1/2 asleep to the sound of waves

Matty H

We don't want to know about your private life mate lol :D

James

We don't want to know about your private life mate lol :D

Lol :) tbf without a stop valve I guess it would be pretty easy to do

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pmtfak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.