Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tench0771

Gutter vac

Diwrnach

Only used the mirror a couple of times, found it more of a pain in the arse than anything.

It does work, but takes a lot of dicking about.

Pegasus
Only used the mirror a couple of times, found it more of a pain in the arse than anything.

It does work, but takes a lot of dicking about.

What camera do you have?

Diwrnach
What camera do you have?

If needed I use a mini fpv quad copter taped to the end of the nozzle, completely wireless, takes pictures and video.

tench0771

some one posted this on foggys saying it is a very good gutter vac £114.68 u have to buy ur poles seprut but he said its all about the suction an this is as good as any other more expencive vac!!!!!!!!!! one thing is u can then chouse carbon poles wich is beta than ally ones

Diwrnach

That looks knowhere near as good.

Plastic for a start, looks like a small hose entry, but hard to tell, looks like it is single speed, I wouldn't have one over mine any day.

Diwrnach

Not on a nice trolley either, that will get really heavy fast and be tough to move on those wheels outside.

Diwrnach

They dispatched my order really fast, fairly sure it came next day?

Smurf

Have a look on ebay as most of the suppliers are on their

I have been trying to contact these without success. One man band? Or gone out of business.

Who is your supplier for gutter vacs Smurf?

Diwrnach
I started with an omni guttervac and had a few wet/dry vac's since then

What are your thoughts on that Niflisk above @Smurf ?

rshandyman

I have 40 poles, 3000 watt vac and gopro silver like Smurf.poles from aquafed.co.uk

Posh

Bloke I saw yesterday was using a 1400w gutter vac. It was light. Had great suction & was pulling everything out. Was well impressed with it.

Tuffers
I usually use 4 sections so 40 is not needed in most situations

You could reach a passing plane with 40 poles :laugh:

neil fearnley

i use the 1400w omni one off ebay and have done hundreds of jobs with it

never encountered one yet i couldnt do

saying that ive yet to do one over 25ft so not sure how it would handle that

Smurf

Really?...Sorry but I find that very hard to believe as I've done a few myself that even an omni 4200 watt vac was useless :rolleyes:

Smurf

The reason why I say that is sometimes I find it easier & quicker to pull compacted sods out by hand especially in corners and/or parts of the guttering which is very tight and needs clearing properly.

Don't get me wrong a guttervac is ideal on some jobs but I do struggle on others depending how bad they are. Some jobs I've had a guttervac is no good at all especially ones full of pine needles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.